𝟒𝟔. a familiar face

WHITE FLAG

chapter forty-six : a familiar face
{ season three - episode eleven }

chapter forty-six : a familiar face{ season three - episode eleven }

"WE'RE NOT LEAVING," Rick stated firmly, cocking his gun in his grip as the entire group stood around in the cell block for their 'meeting'. While Rick was outside of the prison, two familiar faces had returned to the group. Daryl and Merle Dixon.

Kloe couldn't help but glare up at Daryl, who peered over the edge of the railing he stood on. She was standing beside her brother, Zayn, who was also occasionally glancing up at the man.

"We can't stay here," Hershel retorted, who was sitting on the metal steps.

Maggie nodded, pulling out her pistol to check for ammo. "What if there's another sniper? A wood pallet won't stop one of those rounds."

"We can't even go outside," Beth chimed in.

"Not in the daylight," Carol added.

"Rick says we're not running, we're not running," Glenn stated firmly to the group, sharing glances with them.

"No, better to live like rats," a new voice spoke up, making the entire group turn toward the steel bar door, where a man both Glenn and Kloe wished to never see again stood. Merle.

"You got a better idea?" Rick asked him, narrowing his eyes at the man.

"Yeah, we should have slid out of here last night and lived to fight another day," he responded before averting his gaze to Glenn and Michonne. "But we lost that window, didn't we? I'm sure he's got scouts on every road out of this place by now."

"We ain't scared of that prick," Daryl grunted, intimidatingly walking across the ledge toward his brother.

"Y'all should be," Merle said. "That truck through the fence thing, that's just him ringing the doorbell. We might have some thick walls to hide behind, but he's got the guns and the numbers. And if he takes the high ground around this place, shoot, he could just starve us out if he wanted to."

"God your voice is irritating," Kloe glared, speaking her thoughts.

"He's got a point," Daryl remarked, making Kloe roll her eyes.

"You know, Merle, if it wasn't for you, we wouldn't be in this situation right now. Thanks for that." She sent the man a tight-lipped fake smile, instantly dropping it as she rolled her eyes back over to the group.

"What difference whose fault it is?" Beth stepped forward, stopping at the top of the steps beside Carol. "What do we do?" she questioned as she walked down the metal steps.

"I said we should leave," Hershel raised his voice. "Now Axel's dead. We can't just sit here." Rick, who only stared at the man, spun on his heel and began walking away from the group, only to be stopped by the old man. "Get back here!" he yelled, standing up. He limped his way over to the Grimes man. "You're slipping, Rick. We've all seen it. We understand why. But now is not the time. You once said this isn't a democracy. Now you have to own up to that. I put my family's life in your hands. So get your head clear and do something."