𝟖. cdc

WHITE FLAG

chapter eight : cdc
{ season one - episode five & six }

chapter eight : cdc{ season one - episode five & six }

THE RV'S RADIATOR hose decided to unfortunately burst, meaning the group had to come to a stop to check it out. Kloe sat on the step of the RV, just in case something happened to Jim and Jacqui inside.

"I told you we'd never get far on that hose," Dale glanced at Rick. "I said I needed the one from the cube van."

"Can you jury-rig it?" Rick asked.

"That's all it's been so far. It's more duct tape than hose," Dale answered. "And I'm out of duct tape," he added.

Shane brung a pair of binoculars to his eyes and gazed through them. "I see something up ahead," he informed everyone. "Gas station if we're lucky."

"Y'all, Jim..." Jacqui ran past the younger Schmidt and jumped onto the concrete. "It's bad. I don't think he can take anymore," she shook her head as she stepped back into the RV.

"Hey, Rick, you want to hold down the fort?" Shane asked. "I'll drive ahead, see what I can bring back."

"Yeah, I'll come along too and I'll back you up," T-Dog offered.

"You all keep your eyes open now," Shane instructed. "We'll be right back."

Rick treaded toward the steps of the RV, making Kloe shift over a little to let the man through. He nodded as a thank you as he stepped inside.

She glanced back down to her fingers and began to twiddle with them with nervousness. "Hey," a voice greeted. She lifted her head to see Zayn.

"Hi," she replied simply.

"Are you all right?" he asked as he leant against the door of the RV.

"I'm fine, except he isn't," she gestured toward the back of the RV where Jim was with her thumb.

"It's just a fever," Zayn reminded. "If we can get him to the CDC, then there might be a cure."

"Weren't you the one who didn't want to go?" she asked, staring plainly at the concrete road.

"Yeah," he answered truthfully, "but I'm just trying to make you feel better, Klo."

"No, Zayn," she shook her head, rising to her feet at the speed of light. "I know, we all know, that Jim isn't going to make it to the CDC. His bones are extremely fragile, and he's coughing up his own blood," she explained. "If there was a cure, don't you think it would be here by now?"

...

"It's what he says he wants," Rick stated, he informed the group all that Jim wanted to be left behind and that he wants to be with his family.