Unwanted Visitor

They lulled me into a deep sleep; it was warm and comforting. My body felt relaxed. It was like a calming river rushing past my skin, washing my impurities away. The intoxicating scent of strawberries and rich cream filled my nose. The smell was mouth watering. I felt myself sigh deeply. I could tell that I was waking up from my dreamless sleep. Part of me wasn't ready to wake. I was content and enjoying the rest that had escaped me over the last eight years. I slept, but this was the best sleep I had in years.

Peeling my eyes open, the soft cotton sheets wrapped around my body, my head was resting snuggly on the pillow. I exhaled in relief that I was safe and sound and away from my worries. I pulled my arms above my head to stretch when I realised a warm hand was gently caressing my hand. A soothing sensation enveloped me, causing small little sparks to erupt across my body. The sensation was exhilarating as I focused on the gesture. Although they were rough and callous, all I wanted was to bathe in the small simmer of affection.

I could feel my mind was in a haze from the medication, but I didn't know Benji was this touchy. I didn't know my body would react to his movements like this before. "Benji, stop that. It's going to put me back to sleep." I sleepily said. A loud growl erupted in response. My head snapped toward the loud snarl and my eyes widened. My mouth gaped at the person in front of me. I rubbed my eyes, hoping it was a joke. But it wasn't.

There, sat in the guest chair, was a muscular man hunched over my bed. Small tendrils of hair struck in different directions, his eyes riddled with dark circles.I took a quick sniff, hoping that this was a joke, but - there he sat. The alluring scent that I had ignored at our first meeting. I could feel my wolf purr in contentment at the man in front of her. I could sense that the pain that was burdening her was now disappearing. It was like a thick layer of dust was being lifted.

I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion, hoping that the man in front of me didn't recognise me. "Mr Warner?" I said in a questioning tone. "What are you doing here? How did you get past security?" I asked. Jacob's eyes lifted to mine. I could see the tears well in the corners. His fingers curled into fists. His anger heightened momentarily, but a sense of relief soon overpowered it. Despite being away from him for years, I could still read him like a book.

"Louise, don't mess with me now." He warned. My shoulders hunched at the sound of my true name. A part of me wanted to shiver in delight, the other part couldn't help but flinch and hate the way my name trickled out of his mouth.

"It's Loretta, Mr Warner. I think you have the wro-" I protested.

"Just don't!" He growled. "I know it's you! So don't lie to me! You still have the same scent as you did all those years ago."

I sighed, honestly I didn't know what to say or do. The only thing that I was certain of was that I wanted to run for the mountains and disappear, hoping he would never find me again. All I knew was without the ring, it would be futile. Besides, my hidden identity was no longer a secret.

"Alpha Jacob." I replied with a small nod as I gazed down at my fiddling fingers. I didn't know what to say. There was nothing that could change what happened between us.

"Louise." He sighed with relief as he tried to bring his hand to my cheek. All I could do was quickly smack his hand away. I refused to engage with this bastard's affection. He didn't deserve me, that was one thing for sure. As much as he saw me as Louise, she was long gone. Only Loretta remained.

"Please do not call me that Alpha Jacob. My name is Loretta Romano." I snapped.

"You will always be Louise to me." He whispered as he pulled his hand away from me and brought it back to his lap.

"Alpha, may I ask why you are here?" I questioned.

"Cut the crap. You know why I am here. Your my mate Louise. You don't know how long I have been searching for you. How did I not recognise you when we were stuck in the elevator? It doesn't make any sense at all." He replied as he shook his head.