The Tale Of The Lost Luna

I pushed myself from my seat and stood behind the Elder's, in front of a pack who had ostracised me. I had never had an audience with the whole pack since my birth, I was much happier to swim in the background full of people that shunned me and never gave me a chance. The last time anyone noticed me was when my sister was bullying me. Some joined in, other's just laughed, but now as they look at me their faces are filled with sorrow and regret for what they did to their rightful Luna. 

"Are you Louise White daughter to Retired Beta John and Margaret White?" Elder Reece asked. 

"Yes, however I changed my name and I am now known as Loretta Romano. I would appreciate if Elder's and pack members respect my chosen name." I say with confidence looking forward and avoiding the many eyes that fall on my face. 

"Very well Miss Romano, may I ask how you came across changing your name?" Elder Reece questions. 

I sigh. Goddess, the Elders are so nosy but I know I can not lie for even I am not strong enough to ignore their orders. "When I left the pack eight years ago, I stumbled across a witch in the forest. She saw me withering on the floor in pain, she helped me get strength and told me stories about her sister who was named Loretta. I decided that when I went to live amongst the humans that I would change my identity and it was my way of honouring her." 

"A witch you say?" Elder Robert says with shock and surprise. 

"Yes a witch. She helped me through my rejection. She nursed me back to health and helped me in ways that I can't describe. And before you ask me any questions about this witches identity or where she is located I will not share anything about her. She deserves my respect and loyalty so I hope you will understand my decision." I respond. 

Elder Robert's eyebrows shoot up in surprise and shock. I can see the surprise on his face that I would not give him details of a lone witch. They would need to understand that she is not a risk to werewolves and in fact she helped save a lost Luna. "Very well Miss Romano the Elder's will respect your decision since no information you have provided does not indicate that she is a risk to our kind." 

"Thank you." I nod in reply. 

"Miss Romano could you please tell me about your life in the pack when you were a pup please?" Elder Reece begins his questioning. 

"Very well. I believe most of what I went through was shared by Mary, Jacob and my parents. I was disliked by my pack members because my sister would instigate rumours or pretend to be me when she did something wrong. It started as small things, such as stealing money from my parents or she would disappear for hours without my parents knowing where she was. Then there was the times where she would use my bed to have sex with pack warriors or rouges that she invited into the pack. She would always use my name rather than admit or take responsibility for what she did." I explained. 

"Why did you not tell anyone?" Elder Reece questioned further. 

"Would any of them believed me? I too spent hours out of the family home trying to avoid my parents harsh behaviour towards me. I dedicated hours to the pack hospital, orphanage and day care centre. I was never one who enjoyed to be in the spotlight, I thought by allowing Leanne to take credit for my contributions she would have eased up on hating me." I shook my head. "But she never did, if anything it only made it worse. When I eventually tried to protest my innocence, it fell on the death ears of my parents. My sister manipulated them, telling my father that I was jealous and trying to ruin our family name." 

"What were your peers like in the pack?" Elder Robert interjects. 

"Well at first they were pleasant but as the rumours began to get worse I was outcasted and never included in pack events. I had a lonely childhood so I simply focused on my studies and tried to find things to do that were away from my family. My father or mother never attempted to rectify or stop the rumours, for they both believed what was being shared. My father once came home and screamed in my face about how his warriors were calling me a slut and describing in detail what I was like in bed."