The Tale of The Monster Mother

Margaret White was once a woman who was envied by those in the Redbridge pack. She was tall and slim, with an elegance about her. She would sashay through the pack lands with her head held high, for she was an ordinary wolf who was paired with a powerful Beta. She was once a simple and kind woman who was friendly with everyone she came across, people would often say that she had the biggest heart. 

When Margaret White got pregnant she was delighted and thrilled, she was excited that the Goddess had blessed her with two children. When she went to the scans she was told that she would have a boy and a girl. She was so excited, her mate caressed her stomach with a loving touch that women were envious of their relationship. 

When Margaret gave birth, there were complications which resulted in her having a C-section. Margaret was in a life or death situation, there was so much blood loss that they didn't know if she was going to make it. The doctors had made the decision to remove her womb after they safely delivered the twins. 

When she awoke, she was hysterical, screaming and shouting for her babies, she was worried that they didn't survive. It wasn't till her husband pulled her into his arms and told her everything was going to be alright, that she gave birth to two healthy babies. Margaret eyes welled with tears and as her husband brought the babes to her, she looked at him in confusion. Both of the babes were wrapped in a pink blanket. Rather than see that the two girls were a blessing, she was upset and hurt that their was no heir to their Beta line.

Both girls were identical, except the oldest had a small birthmark at the back of her head. Her husband was too thrilled with his baby princesses to notice the anger and pain that Margaret felt because she did not get a son. She told her husband she wanted to name the son Louis after her father who died saving her mother's life, so when she saw the eldest daughter she looked at her in disdain and named her Louise. She had already chosen the name for her darling daughter which was the youngest, her name would be Leanne. 

As I looked at my mother take the stand in front of the pack all I could do was remember that same story she told me when I asked how she chose my name. When I was old enough to comprehend her story it was then that I realised how my mother's interactions were different between me and my sister. Growing up, I wasn't close to her, she was never overly affectionate with me like she was with my sister Leanne. My mother doted on her, dressed her in best dresses, she would brush her hair for hours. 

Whereas for me, my mother simply did her basic tasks as a mother growing up, she fed me and clothed me, but she never hugged me for long. I could probably count on both my hands the amount of times my mother praised me like she did my sister. Those times were far and few. My heart ached for my mother's love and I believe that's why when I was growing up I was closer to my father, for he filled that void. 

Looking at my mother now after all the years of pain, I don't see that beautiful and kind woman that the pack would once describe. I saw a woman who had aged harshly over the years. I had seen a woman who was greedy and prideful. The woman who once stood tall in front of her pack was now hunched over in shame over her actions. 

"Are you retired Beta Margaret White, mother of Louise and Leanne White?" Elder Robert asked.

"Yes." She replied in barely a whisper. 

"Margaret White, I would like you to tell the Pack about the rumours surrounding your daughter Louise White and when you first came to know about them? Elder Robert started his inquiry. 

My mother pursed her lips tightly. "I don't know specifically but she was in her teenage years. When she was around thirteen or fourteen it was reported that she was hanging around some rouges who were causing trouble. The rumours about her slutting it about started when she was about sixteen or seventeen." She spat out in disgust.