The Redbridge Pack's Ruling

I don't know how long my father held me but he seemingly restored a part of me that had been broken since I was a pup. I knew I would never be able to forget what he did and what he didn't do but I did forgive him. Out of all my family he was the one who was less abusive, but it didn't mean his actions hurt any less. 

My father pulled me back and looked at me, memorising every crease on my face. It was like he was trying to capture the moment in his mind so he could never forget it. It was a monumental moment for us, I forgave a part of my family. For me, my father was the only one in my family who had reacted like a parent. Whereas my mother is another story, I don't think I can bring myself to forgive her, it's not like she was sorry anyway. 

My father let out a huge sigh and his eyes were twinkling with a happiness I hadn't seen in years. I looked at him and gave him a small smile in return. Both of our eyes were red rimmed from crying, our cheeks were wet from the tears. "Dad what are you going to do about mother? I saw your reaction to her, your pulling away from her?" I whispered. 

A big grin covers his face, his cheeks rise when he hears my sentence. "Dad... I haven't heard you call me that in years." He chuckles. I push my elbow in his side playfully and can't help my smile that responds to his. In this moment I have forgotten everything terrible that has happened and all I can do is look at him and feel lightened by the burden that was heavy on my chest. 

"You didn't answer my question old man." I chuckle as I shake my head. 

My father lets out a sigh and his hand runs through his face. "Honestly Lou, I have no idea what to do about your mother. Don't get me wrong she's my mate and she birthed me two children but it's complicated. The human and wolf in me are both ashamed and betrayed by what your mother has done. I don't think we can forgive her, she added fuel to a flame that was already burning when she could have extinguished it years ago." 

"I don't think I can forgive her like I do you, she isn't sorry and she had a bigger hand in play for what she did. She could have stopped Leanne years ago and yet she punished me regardless. I still have nightmares from that night." I shiver. 

"You and me both kiddo. You have no idea how much that night haunts me." He closes his eyes. "Come on, we have been here long enough, the elders will be back soon with their judgement." He says with a sad smile. "Give your father a hand up will you?" 

I stand to my feet and brush my legs off and I grab his hand and pull him up. As soon as he is on his feet he grasps his cane. I link my arm through his and we both make our way back to the pack assembly hall. Both of us have cleared the air and their is a blanket of silence that covers us as we walk through the pack grounds, although little was said between the two of us, both of us satisfied that we have taken a step in the right direction to building a relationship. 

It isn't before long that we reach the hall, there are no longer any pack members loitering out the front. I give my father a reassuring smile, knowing that everyone will be sitting in the hall and all eyes will be on me. I take a deep breath and walk up the steps helping the father who refused to help me when everyone looks in our direction. I hold my head high making sure that I don't show any weakness. Benji looks at me and I can see that his mouth is hanging open, shocked by the fact that I am even touching the father that abandoned me. 

I look over at Lewis and Tyler who are guarding my sister, who is laid on the floor in a fetal position. Her soft whimpers and muttering are echoing through the hall. Lewis gives me an encouraging smile as he sees me and my father together. My father walks me to my seat and gives me a soft kiss on the forehead. It's then that he whispers to me. "No matter what happens, I love you and I am so proud of the woman you have become." I return his kiss with a peck on the cheek. It's then he looks down at Benji and gives him a small bow. "Thank you for looking after my daughter."