The Remnants Of A Fake Luna

Leanne White was a twin sister who never cared for me. When we were pups I always tried to be a good sister, I would share my toys and my snacks, I would always let her take the lead when we played. She would always be the beautiful princess and I would be a dragon or a witch who was the antagonist in the story.

As we got older, I saw my sister and mother bond. It was unbreakable, anything she said to my mother was like the gospel's word. Anything I ever tried to say would have been ridiculed by my mother. If Leanne said I broke or stole her toy, my mother wouldn't hesitate in blaming me, even if it was my toy. My mother would spend hours dressing my sister in pretty dresses while I stood on the sidelines. 

This was one of the many reasons I started to spend time with my father, I would often follow him to training, watching him instruct the warriors while I slung to his leg or he held me in his arms while I sat comfortably on his hip. My father made me feel less lonely with a mother who barely looked at me and a sister who despised my presence. Leanne loved the spotlight, while I was happy to sit in the background.

When we went to school, I started to make friends and it was the first time I felt happy, but Leanne struggled to see me flourish, she would spread rumours or say hurtful things and tell my classmates that it was me who said it. I would spend time in the playground, feeling sad and alone. It was then that I took an interest in reading. I would spend my time sitting under a large oak tree reading and learning. My grades soared and my father would shower me with praise, it was those moments that I saw Leanne slowly stewing in the corner. 

As we hit high school, I didn't bother making friends for the pure fact that I knew Leanne would ruin it and make my life difficult. So I continued to focus on my studies, while my sister started making friends and connections within the pack. Teachers would praise my grades, while students would bully me because of some rumour that my sister had started. At this point in my life I had built up a resilience and ignored it. 

To seek refuge from my sister's ploys I spent time at the pack hospital helping with the sick or playing with the pups at the daycare centre or orphanage. It was there that I made friends with adults but not with my peers. They were never people who held prestige or power but they supported the vulnerable. They never knew that my sister would take credit for my actions with my parents, for my parents never asked. 

When we turned fourteen it was then that the change in my sister was more noticeable, she slyly manipulated my parents by having sex in my bedroom or using my name when she was in trouble. The once unspoiled reputation I had with teachers at school became sullied because of my sister's inability to take responsibility. 

When I killed the rouge Kieran, my only thought was protecting the child he was trying to kidnap, she was crying hysterically. She was so young, scared and shaken by what had happened. I didn't mean to kill him but when he attacked it was a reflex. Guilt flooded me at the time for I had become a murderer. However, hearing what Mary had to say and what Xavier revealed about his brother, I no longer held guilt but felt proud that I had rid the world of someone who brought nothing but a bad name to werewolves. 

My sister had caused so much pain and even though my mother was part of the problem, I could see how she had manipulated that relationship. For years I had allowed my sister to sully my name and reputation and to a certain point it was my fault as well because I should have spoken up. My sister was happy to abuse my kind nature, I had allowed her to take my mate, my family and my pack. I didn't put up a fight, but I was weak at the time and I wasn't afraid to admit it. 

The woman who I was now, wouldn't have allowed Leanne to get away with half of what she did when we were growing up. I would not have cowered away from my mother and father's abuse. I wouldn't have allowed her to steal my mate but equally I wouldn't have been heartbroken by someone who was too naive to believe pack gossip. Jacob had never even given me a chance to defend myself.