Peace Talks

After speaking with my wolf, my thoughts were running wild. I could sense that she was impartial to Jacob. I could feel her desperation as much as she tried to hide it. I knew it wasn't solely her fault. It was how she was designed to be. She was built to be loyal to one person. I accepted her nature but there was no way I could accept Jacob as he continues to run this pack into the ground. 

There was a war brewing between Redbridge pack and the Rouge pack which was being run by Xavier. Both men were fighting over a woman who was nothing but a traitorous bitch. I had no doubt that it was Xavier's child and I understand he did what was right and avenged the murder of his son, but Jacob he started a war for no reason. He started a war to keep his already damaged reputation in tact. It was shameful how he was behaving. The pack was blindly supporting him because they thought they had lost the heir to the pack. 

If this pack was ever to become what it once was he would have to strip down his pride and ego and tell them the truth. He had to undo all his mistakes. After my run in wolf form I went in search for the Alpha of Mistakes. I shook my head and heavily sighed as I entered the pack house and located his office. I took a breath and inhaled deeply following the scent of strawberries which both aroused and tormented me at the same time. 

It wasn't long until I found the door to the Alpha's office. The large mahogany door was still the same. Heavy and soundproofed. I hated knocking, I hated the fact that I had to be polite to a man who had done nothing to earn my respect. Honestly, the more time I spent here, the more I hated it. No matter how I treated this place didn't feel like home anymore. If anything, I missed New York more as each day passed. My hand quickly found it's way knocking heavily on the door. 

"Come in." Jacob's voice bellowed from beyond the other side. I quickly turned the knob and entered the office. Jacob looked up from his paperwork, his eyes widened in surprise. I could sense he was shocked that I graced him with my presence. 

"Loretta." He spoke respectfully. I could see the corners of his lips curve. I looked at him and I could see that his eyes were red from crying. He had dark circles that were deep under his eyes from the lack of sleep. I quickly sniffed the air and could tell that his scent was stronger than usual meaning that it had been a while since he last showered. It wasn't something that I disliked because his scent was highly intoxicating, I could hear my wolf purr in the back of my mind. 

"May I have a seat?" I politely asked. 

"Please." He desperately replied as he gestured with his hand for me to take a seat. I took one of the chairs that sat directly opposite his desk. My back was perched and I crossed my legs as I sat down. It was then that I realised I was in nothing but a training bra and leggings. I could sense Jacob's arousal in the air, the lust was thick and heavy. 

For a moment I let the smell permeate the air. It was then that I thought about something I always wondered. What would it be like to be with my mate? How would it feel to kiss him? To hold him in my arms? Never had I let my thoughts wonder in this direction, I never had the chance to think about it. I always thought it would be impossible to be with my mate, I never thought I would live to see the day that Jacob uncovered my sister's lies. 

I shook my head, hoping to escape those forbidden thoughts. "Watch your thoughts. I do not need your lust wafting though the air." I warned. 

He shook his head. "Sorry, I forget. My wolf he has done nothing but whine and ignore me for years. Seeing you like this, well it does things to him and me." He admits.

"I understand." I reply curtly. 

"I'm guessing you are here for a reason? There is something you wish to discuss?" He questions. He does nothing but gives me his full attention. His eyes are unwilling to leave my face. It's like he is trying to remember every last feature on my face.