The Pack BBQ

I had just been released from the pack hospital and Benji and Lewis were escorting me to my room. It's amazing that I had been here for just over a week and I hadn't even had the chance to stay in a normal bedroom. I shook my head, Goddess, what is wrong with my sister?

"Your be staying in a room next to Alpha Jacobs." Lewis sighs. My shoulders hitch at the information that I will be in close proximity of my mate. I can tell my Lewis' tone he can sense my disproval at where I would be staying. Just as I was about to protest. "Me and Benji will be on the other side. So don't get your knickers in a twist." Lewis whispers. 

I huff in response and follow him to my chambers. He opens the door and the room is very nice, it is white and clean, the design is simplistic and has the necessities that will make my short stay suffice. I sigh and chuck myself onto the bed, the sheets are cool, the cotton is soft and I close my eyes at the mess I am in. 

"Well I see you made yourself comfortable." Lewis chuckles. 

"Ahhh, my four wall prison is nothing but comfortable. May as well embrace what I am given." I reply as I close my eyes and let out a deep exhale. 

"That's the spirit. As you are so receptive, there's a pack BBQ tonight. Your presence is requested." He says as I peel one of my eyes open and looked at him. I think he can see that it is the last thing I want to do after my stay at the hospital. "Come on, Benji's going and I'm introducing him as a mate. Surely you want to be there for your brother." He jests. 

I groan. "Don't worry Lew' she'll be there." Benji says as he storms in my room and chucks himself on my bed next to me. Lewis simply chuckles and shakes his head slightly. 

"Lew' babe, I will see you in a hour, we will be there. Need to get Miss Prissy pants here ready. Now shoo." Benji gestures with his hands for him to leave the room. 

Lewis mocks an army salute. "Okay babe, see you in a bit" he replies with a wink and closes the door as he leaves. 

There is an unhealthy silence that settles between us. Part of me is happy for Benji, he deserves all the happiness in the world. For him to have a mate that is so devoted to his well-being and happiness is the best thing to happen. However, there is a part of me that is jealous, he gets the happily ever after that I will never have. With me being a wolf, I feel the pain of the mate bond, whereas he gets to revel in the magic of a mate bond.

I don't want to loose Benji but I don't know what he will do after he gets marked and mated. I'm pretty sure they've already done the mating part but it is only a matter of time before he gets the mark to go along with it. 

"Are you alright?" Benji asks.

"Hmmm, I suppose I am okay. Just thinking really." I respond. 

"What's going on in that brain of yours?" Benji teasingly asks. 

"Just how everything is still the same, but different you know?" I cryptically respond. 

He gives me a look as if he is peering into my soul. I can see his worried eyes meet my on my own. Benji is the only person who I have allowed myself to be vulnerable with. He see's through my facade, he sees past my iron glare. I know he sees my pain because we are both cut from the same cloth. A small tear escapes my eye. 

"What happened to my sister?" I ask.

"Well from what Lew' said she's locked up in the cells. I don't know what their plan is from here on out. It hasn't been decided." He shrugs his shoulders. "My opinion is she needs to stay there and they should loose the key. Oh and maybe throw in a straight jacket and shrink. She's got some issues." He shrugs his shoulders.