The Elder's Final Decision

The pack has reconvened in the Redbridge Hall. Everyone has returned to their seats. The only difference is my family is no longer present. The whole White family has disappeared. I know some members may view me as a White member, but that was no longer who I was. I was a Romano. I was an independent, lone human. The only thing that connected me to this place were memories. No longer did I hold a wolf, no longer did I share any forced connection with these pack members. 

As I looked around the room, no longer did a pull or a sense of emotion overwhelm me. I could no longer anticipate the feelings of other pack members. I was now immune to them, all I could do was rely on the human skills I had developed in the last eight years. As I observed and surveyed the room, some people's eyes would catch mine, it was then that I saw the pity linger. Others were conversing with their family and I could see that they were uncertain and scared. For the undeniable truth was that the Alpha they had followed and trusted was about to be sentenced for his sins. 

Elder Reece and Elder Robert was stood in the same position when they first started their trial. Both of them were in close proximity, backs straight and head held high. The power they omitted was strong and powerful. Nothing had changed about them except this time I didn't feel overwhelmed by two strong and powerful people, for with my wolf not being present I no longer heard their call and demand for respect. However, habits died hard and I bowed my head for both Elder's, I would show them the same respect that they had shown me. 

As I looked across the room, I could see Jacob in his same seat. He looked defeated, he looked miserable and he looked sick. I could feel his stare on me often and I didn't know how to respond. No longer did I feel the undeniable pull. He was just a man, a stranger, someone who I shared a history with. My heart didn't hurt when I looked at him, there was only this sense of relief. 

"Redbridge pack." Elder Reece bellowed throughout the pack as he raised his hands in the air for them to quieten down. "Thank you for gathering today. I know that you have been highly anticipating what will be happening and we are here to inform you of what will happen next. Firstly could Alpha Jacob Warner please step forward." He announced. 

Jacob got up from his chair and although he was defeated, I could see that he still stood strong and proud. I had no idea what his wolf had decided to do, whether he would continue to live without his mate or whether he would abandon the human that caused his pain, however I am sure whatever the Elder's were about to say would explain what had happened to him. 

"Alpha Jacob." Elder Robert exhaled out. "You have shown true leadership skills over the last few days, you have reported your crimes against your pack, against your mate. No one has ever taken such steps and for that I want to express that it took a lot of courage for you to admit your sins. I can't say I know any other Alpha who would do the same." He says sadly. 

"However, despite your recent actions we can't deny what crimes you have committed. Therefore you are found guilty of rejecting your true mate, the Redbridge pack's true Luna without probable reason or cause. We also find you guilty of starting an illicit war with a group of  Rouges who had committed no sins against you or this pack. Do you understand what you have been charged with?" Elder Reece questioned. 

"Yes Elders" He replied as he hung his head in shame. 

"Very Good. Wit that being said, your punishment is simple you will be stripped of your title as Alpha. You will abide in this pack and commit to community service and serve the pack that you have failed. We will be appointing a new Alpha, one that we deemed worthy. You will help and support and train him to succeed your position. With that, should you commit any further crime, you will be sentenced to imprisonment." Elder Robert stated. 

Gasps and whispers rung out throughout the pack. I clenched my eyes closed, terrified of facing the looks of those who were loyal to their Alpha family. There were some sobs that rang out through the hall but again, I couldn't look up as I felt the unwanted guilt that filled my stomach. Jacob's punishment wasn't a surprise to me, for the Elder's had asked my opinion. 

I explained that I believed he deserved to be punished but equally he tried to rectify his mistakes which was the reasoning for me to believe he deserved a lenient punishment compared to my family. A part of me knew that my decision was because I held guilt for allowing his mate to die, all I could do was hope and pray that he understood my decision. 

"QUIET DOWN." Elder Robert shouted through the pack. 

"We understand that you may be surprised by our decision but Alpha Jacob but we believe him being present in the pack will help the transition of your new Alpha. He has been vetted and passed our tests, we already had someone in mind and we wanted to make sure that his intentions were pure and he would lead this pack to the best of his ability." Elder Reece explained as the whispers quietened down. 

"Furthermore, this pack will be the first in the Elder's new foundation. The Elder's will be providing the Redbridge pack with funding and business opportunities to help restore the pack to what it once was. More details will be given to your new Alpha. This is a new programme which will be rolled out to other packs in similar circumstances. They will be given the same opportunity to help save their pack from bankruptcy." Elder Robert intervened. 

"Now, to introduce your new Alpha." Elder Robert continued. "I understand some of you may be hesitant because of previous rumours. However this man shows skills and qualities that we look for in an Alpha. He holds integrity and leadership skills which we believe will help this pack move forward. It was a unanimous decision between the Elders at the council." Elder Reece explained. 

It was then that the doors to the pack hall swung open. A similar tall man with tanned skin entered the room. His confidence omitted throughout the hall. His jaw was sharp, his face was chiselled by the god's themselves. The light facial hair on this chin and jawbone made him look inevitably sexy. It wasn't before long that his eyes caught mine, I couldn't help it but a gasp escaped my lips. He gave me a lazy smirk and quickly winked at me. Just as he strode towards the Elders he stopped in front of me. 

He grasped my hand and raised it to his lips. He gently placed his lips on the palm of my hand. It was like I was something to be cherished. His sweet and baritone tone echoed throughout the hall. "Hello Beauty." He released my hand and I could feel my cheeks heat at the nickname he had given me. 

"Good afternoon Xavier." I shyly replied. I could feel Benji's eyes shift from the scene in front of him. His mouth gaped as he took in my reddened face. Xavier strode to the front of the pack and bowed to his Elders and gave Jacob a clipped nod. Jacob stood there, his fist clenching at the scene in front of him. I could tell there was no love lost between these two men. 

I just didn't know what Jacob was more annoyed at. The affection that Xavier had shown me or for the fact that his enemy was about to take over his pack. After speaking with the Elders I knew that Xavier would be the right fit, he was able to turn over gang-related rouges into a peaceful group. I knew that he would dedicate his time and energy into making this pack into what it once was. He would fight for those that could not fight for themselves. 

It was then that I truly believed Jacob got the punishment he deserved. He would no longer be an Alpha and serve and support a man who he had vowed to destroy. 

Karma truly was a bitch.