3. The Visit

Art by @casterseer on Twitter

3rd Person Omniscient POV

Dream looks up to see the lava falling which is rarely does. Across the lava stand two figures. Both dressed in full netherite. One is Sam but the other figure he can't tell. He suddenly panics. Sam must have told Quackity he was still here. Quackity has come to kill him. He buries his head against his knees and braces himself. A small tear flows down his cheek. He hears the bridge coming closer. He stares through the gap in his legs and sees a pair of fully enchanted netherite boots. The lava rises leaving him alone. The person walks closer and kneels down so they are level with Dream. He feels their eyes on him but doesn't move.

"Please," he begs, his voice full of fear. "Leave me alone."

The truth is he's scared, he's been alone with no friends for months, he's broken. He hears them pull out something, probably a weapon to torture him with.

The visitor grabs him roughly by the shoulder and forces him against the wall. Their grip is unfamiliar and their sword is pressed against his neck. A black hood covers majority of their face. A mouth, smirking, is only thing visible.

Kind of like this

Kind of like this. Sorry if it doesn't match you, it's just to give the idea of mystery.

Dream screams and they drop him to the floor. He crawls into the corner pulling his knees into his chest.

"Please," he begs them. "Kill me, end my misery."

They shift something, probably raising a weapon to kill him. The seconds lengthen and nothing happens.

He slowly looks up and is surprised to see a golden apple in front of his face. The girl kneels in front of him holding the apple out to him. Her hood now shows her face fully. She's dressed in full netherite armor, a sword and axe at her belt. Her Y/H/C and her pretty Y/E/C are visible through the helmet. She honestly looks kinda hot. He tentatively takes the apple from her hand and bites into it. He tries to go slow but all he's had to eat are raw potatoes so he wolfs it down. She laughs and stands up.

"Hungry?" she asks in a playful tone like she wasn't just threatening him earlier.

Dream's never seen or heard of her before. He has so many questions. But in awe he just replies.

"Yeah," he mumbles.

She hands him another golden apple.

"Go slower this time."

They stare at each other in silence for a while as he crunches the second apple.

"Who are you?" he whispers.

"I'm Y/N," she answers. "I live near the L'Manburg crater and I've heard a lot about you." Her gaze fixes on his bright green eyes.

I'm not gonna lie, Dream is kinda hot. His bright green eyes, dirty blonde hair, fair skin.

"What have you heard about me?" he asks.

Alright, I have to tell him the truth now, what I know, and what I'm planning.

"I've heard that you destroyed L'Manburg, twice. You teamed with Techno and Phil, rained TNT on L'Manburg, exiled Tommy, killed Tommy in the prison, and revived Wilbur. You threaten and manipulate people, you didn't want L'Manburg to be free or independent. You're a villain who wants control, power, chaos, and destruction".

They stare at each other for another few minutes.

"You hate me," Dream finally says. "And Techno. But mostly me."

She laughs lightly.

"Believe it or not I don't. Techno's my friend and I was actually quite happy to hear he escaped. Second, I'm here to offer you a chance out of here."

"Really?" Dream asks surprised. "You do realize that this prison was designed by me right? There is no breaking out or in".

"Techno escaped right? So it's not impossible," she says.

"You don't know how he escaped, he planned it well," Dream replies.

"And you know how he escaped?" she asks.

Dream freezes. He stares at her. What was he going to do now?

She takes a deep breath.

"I actually do know how he got out," she says with a smirk.

"Really? You?" he asks, unconvinced.

"Techno's my friend. When he was gone I went to his base in the North and asked Phil. He refused to tell me at first but he eventually did. Techno knew he was going to be trapped in here with you. It was a plan by Quackity to make sure he couldn't get you out. He left a will to Phil with instructions on how he get him out. Before he went, he put an ender pearl in the stasis chamber. All Phil had to do was flip the trapdoor and the pearl would hit. Although he knew it was a trap he went in anyways, he wanted to get knowledge from you. About the prison. You were going to use his favor to break yourself out. The favor is him coming back to destroy the prison. I assume you gave him a way to find the blueprints of the prison. I'm sure he's planning right now," she explains triumphantly. Y/N crosses her arms and smirks, leaning against the wall.

Dream stares at her is shock.

"Wow," he finally says.

"I know that Techno and Phil alone can't break you out," she continues." I have allies that also want you out. I want to help you escape. I have a plan, I just need to converse with Techno and the rest of the allies."

"Why do you want to help me break out?" Dream asks.

"Because I don't hate you," she says. "You've done nothing to me and I really don't care about L'Manburg. I watched it get destroyed and I didn't do anything. I don't believe you're as evil as they say."

"I will gather allies, Techno, and Phil, to help break to out IF you accept my deal."

Dream thinks for a moment.

Should I trust her? I have nothing to lose so I guess I could give it a shot.

"Okay," he nods, leaning his head against the wall. "I'm listening."

——————————————————————————————

1,040 words

Cliffhanger!

Comment any mistakes you find so I can fix them!