25. A New King

3rd Person Omniscient POV

"You monster!" Techno yells, lunging for Quackity with his sword swinging.

"Techno stop!" Dream says. He jumps in the way of his sword, pushing the anarchist back.

"Dream?" the crowd gasps, not aware of Dream's presence despite him fighting during the battle.

Sapnap comes to stand by his friend.

"Kinoko Kingdom is gone," he says tiredly. He has burn marks along his face and a bleeding lip.

"So is Snowchester," Puffy adds. "We watched it blow up and the outpost is gone too."

"And Las Nevadas," Purpled adds, glancing around.

"We need to reunite the people," Dream says. "No more factions, not more war. One kingdom where all the citizens live together in harmony and peace. Factions have just divided us. Then we fight each other, now look! Phil's dead because of this war."

"I agree," Punz says.

"I think Dream should be king of the Smp," Eret says.

The reaction is immediate. Some against while others for.

"Quiet!" Y/N yells. "Who else has the capability to rule this Smp? Who else has the knowledge and experience?"

No one moves.

"Tommy does," Tubbo says out of nowhere.

The crowd begins to argue again.

"Okay," Y/N finally says. "We'll have Dream or Tommy as the ruler of the Smp."

She places down two large platforms of quartz and sandstone.

"We'll vote on it. Stand on the quartz if you want Dream. Stand on the sandstone if you want Tommy."

Some vote quickly while others glance at both, conflicted.

"Everyone has to vote."

The Badlands, Eret, HBomb, Punz, Sapnap, and George stand on the quartz. Techno and Ranboo join them.

What do I do?

Niki glances between the two platforms.

I hate Tommy and Dream wants to unite the server not cause chaos. Maybe he's changed.

Niki walks over to stand on the quartz. Karl joins Sapnap. Quackity walks over to the sandstone and smiles at Tommy.

Purpled, Fundy, Foolish, and Slime watch Quackity. Not wanting to be with Quackity, they join Dream's side. Michealmcchill and Connor also join Dream. Jack looks at Tommy and joins him. Ponk, who decided to stay and watch the battle joins Dream. Puffy joins Dream. Hannah sees Sam on Dream's side, and not wanting to be against him, she joins him. Wilbur looks shaken and is still crying from his father's death. He joins Techno on Dream's side and leans against him. Tubbo and Y/N are left. She glances at Tubbo as he looks nervously at both sides.

Dream is surely going to win. If I join him I'll be protected but I'll betray a friend.

He turns and steps beside Tommy.

"Well," Y/N says. "It appears we have a clear winner. Dream you're the new king of the Smp."

They cheer while Tommy looks outraged.

"Wait, who would you have picked?" he asks, his face hopeful.

"I would have picked Dream," she says.

"Why?!" Tommy bursts out.

She looks at him.

"You and Tubbo both know why. Don't think I didn't know you were listening to our conversation in the nether."