37. Together

3rd Person Omniscient POV

It'd been a few days since Sapnap's confrontation, the meeting went fairly well, better than the throne room conversation at least.

Sapnap was told to only torture them once a week and only on his shifts. The guards were to keep an eye on him and report anything suspicious.

Weeks passed and Dream became busier and began to spend less time with Y/N. It wasn't that he didn't care, he just didn't have time. But when he did see her, he tried to show as much affection to her as possible.

Nights were peaceful. No more cuddling and kissing, Dream went to sleep straight away because he was so tired and Y/N continued to work on her powers by night.

Now adding flight, teleportation, speed, invisibility, and strength to her elemental powers, including lightning.

Making new magical objects like a small palm-sized mirror that when you breathed on the cold surface, the fog would cloud the mirror and you would whisper what you wanted to see. Of course, it only worked for her though.

But this night, DreamXD had something extra special in store for her.

As Y/N opens the book, writing appears quickly.

I can't seem to notice Dream and you becoming more distant from each other.

He's just busy, he still cares about me though. She writes.

I understand but I feel like you should have a way to communicate with him always.

How?

Telepathy.

What? No. He'll definitely figure it out.

I think you can tell him about your powers in exchange for him telling you about the Revival Book.

Why would I need to know about the book? I have no interest in it.

Maybe so. But if at least one of you has the knowledge and can revive people, only one of you has to die in a worst-case scenario.

I guess you're right.

Wonderful. Find some time that is undisturbed to tell him.

I will.

The words telepathy spell appear on the next page.

Y/N takes a deep breath.

How can I tell Dream about this? He'll hate me for keeping this from him. I guess I'll worry about that tomorrow, time to practice flying.

She jumps into the sky and holds a water bucket just in case.

Flying is tricky and you can easily plummet out of the sky or fly straight into the side of a mountain. She had practiced every day for weeks but was still nervous about flying.

After about 5 hours of magic practice and flight/teleportation practice, Y/N heads back to their room and the balcony. She scribbles a note that reads:

Dream and I went out early this morning to go hunting. Should be back by lunchtime at the latest. Hope we can be back soon. Don't worry we'll be fine.

Smiling, she grabs Dream's armor, weapons, tools, and other items including his mask and crown, and places them in her ender chest. Taking it with her, she fastens the cloak around Dream and picks him up carefully, bridal style, using her strength powers to give her a boost.

He snuggles closer to her warmth and she hugs him tightly. They were going to her old base where they would truly be undisturbed.

She uses her powers to make the bed, making sure the note was weighted down, and stands on the balcony's railing.