31. Meeting

3rd Person Omniscient POV

Dream and Y/N run into the dining hall. A long table sits in the center with many chairs but has a throne at the head of the table for Dream. Dream settles down on the throne as the chatter continues. Y/N sits on his left and Sapnap on his right. Dream and Sapnap chat with George but Y/N looks off into the distance out the window.

Should I tell Dream about the spell book? The mark is DreamXD's for sure but the book is blank. What does it mean?

"Y/N," Dream says. "Pass the syrup please."

I wish I had levitation powers. So I don't have to get so many things.

She passes the syrup to Dream and they finish breakfast.

The knights wander off upstairs and into the meeting room. Dream and Y/N follow.

The table is round with chairs all around. Dream and Y/N take chairs next to each other and the knights fill in the rest.

"So," Dream clears his throat.

"We have 4 prisoners in the dungeon and they don't seem to show any wavering of loyalty. What shall we do with them?"

Callahan stands in the corner taking notes.

"I propose we torture them every day to remind them what they did to you," Sapnap suggests.

"Okay, anything else?"

"I propose shorter shifts for the guards on prison duty," Y/N says. "It only rotates between two guards, Punz and Sam every twelve hours which is probably exhausting for them."

"That true?" Dream asks.

They both nod, Punz practically falling asleep.

"Okay how about this," Dream says. "Each of you will do prison duty for 2 hours and 40 minutes each day. If you're unable to take your shift, ask if it's okay for the person before you to take a double shift and if not, ask me to see if we can find a replacement."

"The schedule will be:
Sapnap from 8:00 am-10:40 am.
Bad from 10:40 am-1:20 pm.
HBomb from 1:20 pm-4:00 pm.
Skeppy from 4:00 pm-6:40 pm.
George from 6:40 pm-9:20 pm.
Punz from 9:20 pm-12:00 am.
Ant from 12:00 am-2:40 am.
Sam from 2:40 am-5:20 am.
Eret from 5:20 is-8:00 am.
Are we good with that?"

"Yes, thank you," Sam says wearily and the others nod in agreement.

"Okay, meeting dismissed," Dream says. "There wasn't much information today."

The knights shuffle out of the room and Punz stops to talk with Y/N.

"Thank you," he says rubbing his eyes.

"For what?"

"For telling Dream to lower our shift hours."

"No problem Punz, just get some rest. You look really tired."

"I am," he smiles weakly. "I'm going to take a 13-hour nap"

"Have fun," she says and they both leave.

Meanwhile, Sapnap stops Dream outside the meeting room.

"I know you didn't say if I could but can I torture Tommy and the rest of them just once a week, please? I want revenge on them for you and me."

"Fine but don't kill them," Dream says."We're trying to give them a chance to change and they won't if they think we just hate them."

"I'll tell them that you aren't asking me to and I'm doing it on my own account," says Sapnap.

"Alright, you can do it during your shifts once a week."

"Thank you Dream!" Sapnap says with a mock bow and runs off.

"How do you think the first meeting went?" Y/N asks Dream.

"I think it went pretty well," he says. "How did you know Punz and Sam were tired after their shifts?"

"I went to the dungeons one night to check on Tommy and found Punz nearly asleep and when he mentioned that only two of them rotate every twelve hours, I felt I should talk to you."

"Well, they seemed to be relieved with the idea. Sapnap's going to torture them once a week for his own reasons, I don't think it's a good thing but he wants to. We'll see how this goes."

"I really hope this doesn't change their minds about being open to change. We want them in our kingdom but we need them to see the good in you, not the bad that wants to hurt them."

"I know. I'll let Sapnap have his fun and if things get too violent, I'll step in and tell him to stop," Dream assures.

"Okay," her gaze goes out the window as if she's thinking about something else.

"What are you thinking about?" Dream asks.

"How Phil was revived," she says. "You couldn't have done it but someone else could have. Only Schlatt knows the contents and I'm wondering if he could use it from limbo."

"That's an interesting thought," Dream says but his mind is racing.

That is true. What if he can? He can revive anyone including himself. But why hasn't he yet? Maybe he has and is hiding somewhere in the shadows.

"Dream," she says snapping him back into reality.

"Yeah?" he asks.

"Want to take a walk in the village?"

"Sure."

They spend the rest of the afternoon walking around town, shopping, and chatting with the citizens.

After a nice quiet dinner, Dream and Y/N head off to bed. Darkness falls and Dream is asleep. Y/N climbs out of bed carefully and takes the spell book from its hiding spot.

She writes her name on the blank page in pen and looks at it for a while.

The words fade and the word "Hello" appears in the same ink but in loopy writing instead.

(Yes, I took this idea from Harry Potter).

Who are you? She writes

I am the god, Dream XD
This is my spell book but it's here in the mortal world for you to use. Spells appear when you're ready for them and I think you're ready for the first one.

Words appear on the next page. Y/N gasps softly.

Levitation

——————————————————————————————

1,032 words

😮

Comment any mistakes you find so I can fix them!