43. Thank You

Dream POV

I somehow drift off to sleep again. I wake up and see sunlight streaming through the open balcony doors. I climb out of bed and land on the floor. My legs immediately give way under me and I fall. My arms feel too weak to push my body up.

Y/N, I try to reach her
Y/N

Dream? She finally replies back.
I'm making food for you in the kitchen what do you need?

I fell trying to stand and I'm too weak to get up.

I'll be upstairs in a minute hold on.

Barely a few minutes later, Y/N opens the door carrying a tray loaded with food. She gasps as her eyes and on me and sets the tray on the nightstand. She picks me up and lifts me onto the bed. She sits behind me so my back is leaning against her chest and I'm sitting in between her legs. Y/N places the tray across my legs and presses a set of utensils into my hand. I glance down at the tray.

A stack of golden brown pancakes, shiny red strawberries, blueberries still glistening with water, purple and green grapes, a cold glass of orange juice, 2 strips of bacon, 2 fried eggs, a slice of ham, a bowl of soup, and a glass of water.
I turn and look at her.

"It's not poisoned I promise," she says teasingly.

I smile.

"Are you going to sit here watching me eat like a creep?" I ask jokingly.

"Well yes but I can leave if you want," she starts to push me off.

"No! No, it's fine," I say. "Please stay with me." I can hear the desperation in my voice as it cracks.

Y/N settles back down and wraps her arms around my chest.

"Eat," she says nudging me gently. "You need energy." Her hands gently begins to set angle my hair.

I try to go slow but practically inhale the food.
I just finish my main course and I'm picking my way through the fruit when her hand close ion my quest.

"One, slow down and two, eat these," she opens her palm and reveals a handful of dark reddish pink berries.

I raise an eyebrow at her.

"I picked them up in some forest when I was running to you. They seem to give you energy because I took a whole bush full and it gave me enough energy to run 5,000 blocks on foot."

"Are they sweet?" I ask still doubtful.

"You'll find out," Y/N places a few in my open palm.

I hesitate, rolling them between my fingers before cupping my hand around them and dumping them in my mouth.

I break the skin of the berries and the taste of sugar explodes over my tongue.

"Mmmm," I feel my eyes roll back into my head as I lean back against Y/N. "They're sugar sweet."

"Yes," she laughs rubbing my hair. More berries are placed onto the plate and nudges me to continue eating.

I finish the food with no problems and eat all the berries I can until she tells me to stop.

"No more," she says. "You don't want to overdo it and I'm not sure how to find more."

"Please do," I beg.

"Did you enjoy the rest of the meal?"

"Yes, it was amazing thank you."

"You're welcome," she says stroking my cheek affectionately.

"And thank you for saving me. I should have been more careful."

Y/N tilts my head so I have to look into her eyes.

"I also told you not to do anything stupid while I was gone."

I push her hand off my face and laugh.

"Getting out of bed to look at the sunrise isn't stupid."

"You fell."

"I didn't know I was going to."

Y/N pulls me down so I'm lying on my side and she lies beside me.

"Love you," she whispers her hand rubbing circles on my back.

"Love you too," I whisper back.

"I'm going to check on the rest of the knights," Y/N says pulling away from me.

"Alright, I'll meet you downstairs," I say.

She nods and disappears leaving the door open slightly.

I sigh and climb out of bed. After taking a nice cool shower, I dig through the drawers and find a black T-shirt, green hoodie, jeans, and some black socks. After dressing, I walk to my armor stand and start strapping the armor around myself.

"Dream?" Y/N asks poking her head into the room. "You coming? It's been half an hour already."

"Oops," I say dropping a shoulder pad with a clank. "Lost track of time I guess."

Y/N just smiles, her hands fiddle with the handle of her sword.

"Need help?"

"Yes please."

Y/N picks up the chest plate and holds it against my chest. I hold it in place as she straps it on in the back. After strapping on my shoulder pads, lower arm pads, elbow pads, knee pads, calf pads, and netherite boots, she picks up my crown, cloak, and mask.

Her hands reach up to fasten the gold clasp of the cloak around my neck, her hands drifting lightly down it.

I place the crown on my head and tie the mask strings in place.

After grabbing my belt and weapons, we make our way to the top of the staircase.

"Race you!" she laughs sliding down the banister.

"Hey!" I slide down after her and we end up crashing on top of one another.

Picking ourselves up, she runs down another hallway until she knocks on a black door.

Callahan answers it. He beckons her in and I follow.

I hope my friends were able to heal from the attack.

——————————————————————————————

1,004 words

Just a short chapter with a bit of love to contrast the action. This was more of a filler chapter.

Hope your day is hiding good! :)

Comment any mistakes you find so I can fix them!