18. Trouble

Y/N POV

It's early morning, around 6:30 AM. I sneak out of the house and watch Sapnap tell Quackity about something. Quackity seems angry. Sapnap gestures towards my house and walks off. Quackity walks off presumably to get his armor and weapons. He's coming to find me. If Dreams not here then I have nothing to hide. I run back to the house and lock the door. I shake Dream awake.

"Dream!" I say. "Dream!" I say louder.

"Yeah what is It," he mumbles, still half asleep.

God he looks so beautiful when he wakes up.

I shake the thought off.

"Quackity's coming. He asked Sapnap something and I think he told Quackity that I'm here."

"That jerk!" Dream yells getting up. "I told you we can't trust Sapnap!"

"It's not Sapnap's fault," I say. "He didn't know what Quackity was going to do. Right now you need to hide while I handle this."

"Where do I hide?" he asks.

"In here," I move aside a chest to reveal a small opening just big enough for Dream to hide in. He climbs in looking very uncomfortable.

"Whatever you do, don't move," I say as I move the chest back into place.

Worse comes to worse, I go with plan B. All my items are with me so I can make a quick getaway. Can I keep Dream out of Quackity's reach is another issue.

A minutes later I hear a knock on my door. Quackity stands there wearing full enchanted netherite and holding an axe. I open the door and stare at him through the doorway.

"Yes?" I ask him.

"Hello Y/N," he says. "What are you doing in town?"

"I had to do some shopping," I lie.

"Listen," he says. "You were the last one to visit Dream. You coincidentally tell Sam to go visit Snowchester far away and then Dream is broken out and the prison is reduced to rubble. Sam is an idiot for not building the prison correctly but I know you have something to do with this. If you didn't directly cause this, you had something to do with this and others were involved too. So if you don't want me to destroy your home, tell me what you know."

As if I care about this stupid house. But this is a good opportunity to establish how Techno is no longer allied with Dream and that they aren't a friends. But what about everyone else? I should just put the whole blame onto myself and keep them out of it.

"We'll Quackity," I say, tracing my fingers on the wood. "You thought that by locking Techno is prison with Dream you could ensure Dream couldn't escape, however Techno and Dream both outsmarted you. Think back to Techno's execution, Dream asked Punz to distract you long enough for him to get Carl and help Techno escape. Techno used the Totem of Undying and the rest is history. Techno owed Dream a favor for the longest time for saving him and Dream is the reason Techno had the totem in the first place. Techno knew it was a trap and made sure that he had a way to get out. How he got out I don't know, but he knew that would be able to get out which was why he went in anyways. He had Dream tell him information about the prison. About you, Sam, and himself. He gave Techno coordinates to where the blueprints of the prison were located and after he broke out, he went there straight away and found them."

Suddenly Dream coughs and bangs his head on the stone. Quackity pushes past me and slides the chest away revealing Dream. Dream stabs Quackity with his sword making Quackity jump back although the blade ricochets off his armor. I grab Quackity's shoulder and shove him out the door. I pull Dream behind me and draw my axe. Quackity stops and turns to face us. He closes the door breathing heavily, and steps inside.

"You were hiding Dream!" he yells, pointing his axe at us.

"I guess I should finish telling you the rest," I smile, already with the perfect lie in mind.

"Techno approached me with the blueprints and offered a deal. He would supply me with the supplies I needed to break Dream out and I would be the one to do it. In return, he would break off contact with Dream altogether. After, Dream and I would work together"

"So if you think about finding Techno you're going to run yourself into trouble. I warned Techno and he's prepared. You wouldn't want what happened last time would you?" I ask knowing that he remembers what Techno did to him. I glance at his scar on his left eye, the one Techno gave him after the failed execution.

Quackity glares at me and then at Dream.

"I rule Las Nevadas and soon I will rule the entire Smp! I will make sure that we hunt you until you're both dead!" he yells.

"Really?" I ask with an evil smile. "What if I make sure you're dead?

I grab Dream and shove him through the glass of the window. He crashes down the hill and into the water. I step in the pressure plate next to the chest and jump out the broken window too. I hear Quackity scream and the house explodes.

I splash into the water and grab Dream. I pull him away until we're hidden in a grove of trees.

"What the hell is wrong with you?" he whispers furiously.

I grab his face to inspect it. It's cut and bruised from smashing through the window. I pull out a pink healing potion from my belt and give it to him.

"Here, drink this," I say. "It'll heal you."

He takes the potion and gulps it down. The cuts and bruises vanish instantly.

"What now?" he asks.

"We'll we obviously can't be here anymore. I want to take Sapnap with us so we can talk to him alone at my base."

"That's a dumb idea but I think it could work. How can we get him to come with us?" Dream looks confused.

Y/N grins.

——————————————————————————————

1,081 words

So now Quackity knows and now has a reason to hunt you both down. What's he going to do? How is Sapnap going to react seeing his best friend again?

Comment any mistakes you find so I can fix them!