58. Wedding Party

Art by @kariiii_r on Twitter

3rd Person Omniscient POV

The music floats around the village square.
The citizens are dancing and singing.

Dream twirls around his bride on the dance floor. Karl and Sapnap dance along to the music. Phil is in the corner dancing with a mysterious woman dressed in a black dress. Techno watches the party with a smile on his face. He's proud of his two friends.

The people never knew what happened to Tommy, Tubbo, Jack, and Fundy. They were told that Quackity died during Dream's rescue and the rest were responsible for the bombing. No one knew of the revival book, no one knew of Y/N's powers and that's how it stayed.

Dream goes off to talk with Punz who is looking more like a guard at a military camp than at a party.

Y/N walks over to Phil and the women.

"Hello Phil," she says casually.

"Y/N," Phil acknowledges her with a slight nod.

"Who's this?" she asks gesturing toward the women.

"Oh, this is Krys—"

"Crystal, my name is Crystal," the woman says.

"Crystal, that's a nice name," Y/N says with a smile. "Almost reminds me of someone I used to know..."

Phil laughs.

"But what are you doing here seriously?" she lowers his voice slightly.

"Came to see Phil of course," Kristin replies, her hand squeezes his tightly.

"Interesting, surprised DreamXD let you leave."

"He didn't, don't say anything," she says hurriedly.

"I'll try," Y/N says with a light laugh before walking off to find Ranboo.

"Hey Ranboo," she says quietly.

"Oh hey."

They hadn't spent much time together after the breakout but she arranged for him to stay in the village which he was delighted by.

"How's life?"

"I keep forgetting things and I'm worried I'll forget who my friends are."

"Don't worry Ranboo, your friends will remind you who you are. Never lose yourself."

Ranboo smiles shyly.

"Now come on, this is a party."

She pulls him onto the dance floor as the music starts up again. He's nervous at first but slowly begins to move until his movements become natural and quick.

"So what happened to Tommy, Tubbo, and the rest of them that bombed the village?" he asks in the middle of a spin.

"Well..." she says not sure how to put it. "We're not entirely sure but we found their bodies in the river, assuming they killed themselves."

"Oh," Ranboo's face falters slightly. "I always looked up to them as the good guys but they changed so much that I wasn't sure if that was really them anymore."

"Listen, it's over now and that's what matters, the kingdom is a peace and hopefully will stay peaceful for years to come."

"I would like that too," he says twirling her around.

A strong hand grips her waist as Dream comes behind his bride.

"Can I steal my wife for a dance?"

Ranboo nods, still a bit nervous around Dream, and hurries off.