48. Bell

3rd Person Omniscient POV

The Dreamcatchers make a break for the forest.

Fundy, Jack, and Wilbur stop and get down from their horses. They draw their weapons.
Y/N gets down and draws her axe.

It's a diversion. Don't fall for it. Dream says.

Relax, I know. I need you to be somewhere more secure so we can ambush them instead of them continuously running from us.

The rest of the knights follow suit and begin to fight. Meanwhile, Tommy, Tubbo, and Quackity begin digging a large hole, using silk touch shovels so they can replace the dirt. They drop Dream inside and Tommy and Quackity jump in after him holding him. Tubbo fills up the top of the hole except in one place so the rest can jump in.

An explosion goes off. Sapnap yells and George lets out a high-pitched shriek.

Fundy, Jack, and Wilbur land in the hole, and Tubbo closes it up.

"TNT," Jack says with a grin.

They are immediately quiet when they hear voices.

"Where do they go?"

"Spread out and search."

"Their horses are still here."

"They're hiding."

"Search thoroughly and split up."

The knights' footsteps fade away and some grow closer and louder while others grow farther and softer.

Tommy reties Dream's wrists behind his back and makes sure his ankles are extra tight. He makes sure the gag is securely in place and instructs Fundy, Jack, and Quackity to hold Dream from behind. They grab his arms and hold him tightly. Dream lets out a muffled sigh.

Tommy stands in front of him holding an axe, Wilbur stands off in the side, forgotten, and Tubbo stands beside Tommy smiling. They all hold axes and swords. They all watched the ground above, waiting for the footsteps to leave.

Dream?

Y/N!

Where are you? The tracking magic is limited. I know you're around here but I don't know you're exact location.

I'm not sure either. Somewhere underground in a hole dug with slick touch shovels so the grass looks the same.

I have an idea.

A faint ringing and jingling noise of a bell is heard. It quietly jingles for a few minutes before a harsh voice calls out.

"Stop that infernal bell jingling god damn it," Sapnap says clearly irritated.

"It's fine, just keep looking," Y/N says back.

Sapnap huffs but goes off anyways.

Dream, listen to me. She says.

Okay.

Tell me when the bell jingling is right above your head. Guide me so I'm right on top of you.

Okay.

The jingling grows softer.

No, you're going farther away, walk in the opposite direction.

The jingling stops for a brief second and starts again, this time louder.

Keep going.

Louder.

Keep going.

Louder.

Keep going.
Stop!

The jingling stops.

You're right above me. Behind me are Quackity, Fundy, and Jack holding me. Tommy's about two steps in front with an axe pointing at me. Tubbo's next to him and Wil's off to the side. Any ideas?

Yes, I have a plan. Trust me.

"This stupid bell," Y/N says loudly to make sure the Dreamcatchers hear her. "I'm getting rid of this."

She drops the bell on the ground above Dream's head. Tommy holds his breath.

She walks off with heavy footsteps.

On the dot, love, he says.

Her footsteps fade and trample through bushes and branches.

Y/N finds the rest of the knights and they silently gather around. She takes out a piece of paper and writes, quickly and quietly.

I heard a small noise underground, I used the bell to mark where it is. Follow me and don't make a sound.

The knights tiptoe without a sound until they all stand around the bell.

Punz spreads his hands in a "what" gesture.

Dream, she says. I'm asking you to take a risk here.

Okay...

Try to struggle and hopefully Tommy will hurt you slightly causing you to make noise. I need you to do this so I can pinpoint your exact location and the rest of theirs too.

Alright.

Dream breathes in and tries to wrench himself out of Quackity's grasp. It doesn't work of course and Quackity slaps him.

Above ground, Y/N points at the bell and they hear a slap. George opens his mouth but stays silent.

Tommy kicks him and Dream lets out his best-muffled scream.

Sapnap's eyes widen.

Tommy quickly shushes him and Jack coughs.

The knights position themselves around the bell. Punz walks off quietly and Skeppy follows.

"What was that?" Skeppy asks from slightly far away.

Tommy claps a hand over his mouth with a scared expression.

"Probably nothing Skeppy, keep searching," Punz says.

They both walk silently back and without any instructions, the knights position themselves around the bell.

George positions himself over Wilbur. Sapnap and Punz are behind Tommy and Tubbo. Ant, Bad, and Sam behind Jack, Fundy, and Quackity. HBomb and Skeppy are in between Dream and Tommy. Y/N on top of Dream.

They all raise their shovels waiting for her signal.

Dream get ready, we're right above you. When we all drop down, try to get out the best you can. I'm going to be dropping on top of you and everyone else will be around you. Everything is planned. I'm getting you out of here this time. She says.

Good luck, hope I don't die. He says.

Y/N raises her fingers and counts down as the knights raise their shovels in anticipation.

3

2

1

Go

Their shovels hit the dirt and it practically disappears thanks to their Efficiency V shovels.

They drop down on the Dreamcatchers.

——————————————————————————————

975 words

Epic battle time. Who will be victorious?
I'm really bad at writing battle sequences so it might not be very descriptive so use your imagination.

Comment any mistakes you find so I can fix them!