Here comes the bride

Doctor POV

This is it, the day I’ve been looking forward to since I proposed. My wedding day. Clara had been super happy and cheerful the last few weeks along with a bit of stress from planning. Clara’s Grandma and Father were attending. But I’m sure her Mother’s presence was lingering around. I saw a ghost once. Saved her from a parallel universe. Almost gave mine as well. Clara’s Father had never been a fan of me. But Clara and I both agreed that he would soften up soon. We also both agreed to never tell anyone about my, well some would be more than happy to  call it ‘disfigurement’ even though I looked like a normal human being. But we weren’t going to tell anybody that I wasn’t human. They already probably hate me enough they don’t need to know. My thoughts were disturbed by a series of knocks on the doors of my dressing room.

“Yeah” The door opens and Clara’s dad walks in

“Hi, err sir” I clear my throat

“No need to call me sir call me Dave”

“Okay..D-Dave”

“Why are you so nervous?”

“Its just-“

“You’re intimidated I get it. I actually came to apologise. I’m sorry that I’ve been so harsh on you lately. It’s just a lot to take in thinking that my only child is getting whisked away by a such great man”

“Thanks si-dave”

“No problem. You treat her right. Okay?”

“Okay”

“Oh and you’re needed out there in a few”

“Okay thanks” I wave and he leaves and I look into the mirror.

I finally realised that I finally got Clara’s Fathers blessing. I take a deep breath and look into the mirror.

Okay, you can do this. It’s going to be an amazing night! You are marrying your love of your life and she loves you with all her heart. Maybe afterwards we could go on an adventure. If Dave would let me. Anyways rambling. You are going to rock this wedding today!

I like to pep talk myself especially when I was nervous. I never told Clara. She’d tease me about it for days. Years even. I straighten up my bow tie, take a deep breath and walk out to the altar/aisle where everybody was sitting. Mainly just Claras family and Jenny and Vastra decided to pay us a visit including Captain Jack. It wasn’t my decision. He just showed up. Everyone was talking amongst themselves but silence fell across the room as an organ started playing. Everybody stopped talking and stood up looking down the aisle. In came a few of Clara’s cousins whom I suppose were the bridesmaids. Then I see Clara with her arm linked with Dave’s. They both stop and look at each other and Dave wipes as escaped tear with a hankie. Clara smiled and walked down graciously down the aisle with a huge smile planted on her face as well as mine. She was absolutely beautiful. Her hair was let out which was curled and a pearl head band sat perfectly on the top of her head. Her dress dragged slightly on the ground. It was a TARDIS blue dress with white sparkles outlining some of the stitching (A/N See attached photo AKA my dream wedding dress). Her shoes were white and she held a white rose bouquet. She stood up next to me and we both turned to look at each other.

"Dear friends and family, we are gathered here today to witness and celebrate the union of John Smith and Clara Oswald in marriage. Through their time together, they have come to realize that their personal dreams, hopes, and goals are more attainable and more meaningful through the combined effort and mutual support provided in love, commitment, and family; and so they have decided to live together as husband and wife.”

She smiled at me excitedly

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The priest looks at me

“Do you, John Smith, take Clara Oswald, to be your lawfully wedded wife, promising to love and cherish, through joy and sorrow, sickness and health, and whatever challenges you may face, for as long as you both shall live?"

“I do” she smiles more at me

Do you, Clara Oswald, take John Smith, to be your lawfully wedded husband, promising to love and cherish, through joy and sorrow, sickness and health, and whatever challenges you may face, for as long as you both shall live?”

“I do”

“Then you may kiss the bride” He steps back and I take Clara in my hands kissing her passionately then breaking apart because it lasted a bit too long for every ones liking and also because we needed oxygen. We walked down the aisle hand in hand, with the crowd clapping and cheering.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hey all! Sorry for a cliché and crappy chapter but It’s Monday (where I am anyways). This is sort of late because I was supposed to have this finished today and then I would upload when I got home. But I never got home and I did boot camp (exercise) for about an hour and a half. Then I had to do school work. So uhh yeah. LAST WEEK OF SCHOOL.

So I guess I could do daily updates. If you want me to continue doing daily updates on the holidays (which consists of 2 weeks) then comment below and let me know! Anyways……

Have a brilliant and fantastic day!
~WhouffleSweetie <3