What A Girl Wants

I'm out of ideas (hence the break). I need some ideas from you guys because I like collaborating your guys' ideas into a short story. And it's also a little bit of a challenge :) So please please please comment ideas or message me any ideas. This is a pretty fluffy chapter so you know........

This is an AU with Matt + Clara (not doctor and clara. I wanted to change Jenna's name to Clara so ya know)

Enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Clara POV

As I was sitting on the couch, feet resting up on the coffee table, reading a magazine that's been lying around the apartment, I was interrupted by frantic knocking at my front door. With a confused look on my face, I put the magazine on the coffee table and I make my way to the front door and open it. "Matt! Hello. What's up?" He walked into my apartment, hands together. I close the door. "Clara. I need help" He turns to me. "What do you need help with?" I say going into the kitchen to make tea. "Uh...Well. You see, there's this girl...and I kind of wanna ask her out" He says, trying to get the words out. My heart drops a little and I giggle to cover it up. "How old are you? You in highschool or something?" I say laughing, handing Matt a cup of tea as we sit down at the dining room table. "Please Clara. You are the only female friend I have. And I wanna make a good impression" He says carefully sipping at his tea. "I have just the idea" I say smiling.

"First things first. What is her name?" I ask, Matt sitting on the couch in the living room while I stand in front of him pacing back and forth. "Uhh. Claire". I nod my head. "Hmm" "What are you going to say to her?" I ask. "Well, that's why I'm here" "Poetry" I say finger in the air. "What?" Matt asks confused. "Poetry. Any decent woman likes poetry. It's romantic. Trust me" "I don't know any poetry" "Well, lucky for you, Clara is a teacher. And I liked english" I say laughing. I hand him my laptop that was sitting on the desk in the corner of the room. "Search the internet" Matt opens it and turns it on. He types it into the search engine. After what seemed like forever, we finally found a decent enough poem that was subtle enough for Matt. "Women also like flowers" I add. "What's her favourite". He thinks for a while then points a finger in the air. "Red tulips" "Well what are we waiting for? Get in the car, we're off to buy flowers for Claire" I say smiling pointing to the front door. Matt jumps up from the couch and heads for the front door. Opening it and letting me out before he closes it, I throw him the apartment keys and he locks the door behind him. He throws the keys back to me.

The radio was on a low volume, not that I minded. There wasn't much good music on these days. "How is it that you know her favourite flowers anyway?" I ask curiously, stepping on the accelerator at a green light. "We talk most the time" He says simply. I nod my head. "And how is it that you know so much about what women like? Like I get your a girl and everything but how will you know Claire will like all this stuff?" "Well, I met Claire before. Only once, we went to drama at high school together. She was always the quiet reserved type and we never talked much. And by the little conversation we had, she sounds like the typical woman. You know the ones into romantic mushy stuff" I say, parking in front of the shopping mall. We got out the car and I locked it before walking to the front shop. The florist here was run by my grandparents, this however gives me an excuse to see them because I haven't been able to due to a full schedule with the end of Season 7. The florist was like an attachment onto the mall, it had it's own garden and the front was covered in luscious green vines. I walked in and a bell rung on the door. "Clara! Oh how nice it is to see you" Grandma May walked out of the back room and hugged me. She was surprisingly tough and strong for a woman her age (The ripe age of 67). "Grandma May. It's good to see you too. It's been too long" She lets go and looks over at Matt who was walking around and looking around in the shop. "And who is this? Your boyfriend" Grandma May said smiling widely. "No. I brought him here to buy flowers for his date actually" I say, the smile slowly disappeared off of Grandma May's face. "I was hoping you were getting married" She said hopefully. "Not yet Grandma" I say laughing. Matt walks over. "Grandma May, meet Matt. Matt my grandma" I say introducing the two. "Nice man he is. Keep him" She says cheekily, Matt and I laugh nervously. "Now what is it you're after?" Grandma May says. "You got some red tulips?" I ask. "Your Grandfather is out back, he'll know" She says with a smile. "Thank you" I say. "Coming?" I ask Matt turning around. "Uh, I think I'll just have a look around. I'll be out in a few" I laugh. "Alright. Be right back then" I smile before heading out the back door. "Ah, isn't it little miss Clara" My Grandfather says getting up from the ground, giving me a quick hug. "How's business going?" I ask him. "It's been better i'm afraid" I give him a sympathetic smile. "What can I do for you then?" He asks, smiling back at me. "Red tulips" I say. "Ah, Just over here. We just bought more shoots the other day actually." I follow him along the stone footpath, admiring all the trees, bushes, statues and ornaments scattered around the place. Grandfather cuts off a few stems and wraps them in special paper and he hands it to me. "Well, it was excellent seeing you again Clara" He said hugging me tighter than before. "Thank you for the flowers. Hey why don't you, Grandma May and my parents come over for dinner or something next week?" "Love to sweetie" He said smiling. "Alright then. See you next week then" I say smiling, making my way back into the shop. After we pay for everything Grandma May taps me on my shoulders while Matt goes and waits by my car. "He's definitely a keeper" She says winking at me, tapping the side of her nose twice. I give her a confused look before kissing her cheek and getting into my car.

We sat in the car in my driveway. "Thank you Clara." "No worries Matt. Honestly. It's been a good day. I wasn't planning anything" I say smiling. "Good luck with Claire" I say as Matt gets onto his motorbike and drives off.  I get into my apartment and flop on the couch. I turned on the television to a random channel. I couldn't help but feel a little jealous. Like yeah Matt and I have been good friends over the years due to filming and it's been really fun. But I guess I've never imagined him having a life other than the one we saw while filming, I never imagined him with anyone else. But Claire? I take a deep breathe and decide to have a shower. I look at the clock and it read 5:30. I sigh. I go down in the kitchen, wearing my light blue pants and black singlet on. I put a frozen meal into the microwave. The television was still on and was featuring the news. I once again sat down on the couch before I hear some knocks on my door. I switch the TV off and walked over to the door. "Hell-" I see Matt standing there with flowers in his hand. "Did it not go well?" I ask, giving him a sympathetic smile. He smiles at me nervously and I furrowed my eyebrow due to the confusion of the situation. He clears his throat. "Before I met you, I felt that I couldn't love anyone, That nobody would be able to fill the void in my heart, But that all changed when I met you. Your brown eyes and your smile and your laugh. Would you do me the honour of going out with me?" He says speaking 100 mph. To be completely honest I was speechless. I had no idea what to think. Then it dawns on me. What Grandma May meant this afternoon. I smile. "Of course I will silly" I say laughing before putting my lips against him, he wraps his arms around me, one hand still holding the tulips. It seemed like nothing mattered right then. It was something I'd been hoping would come one day. It was like time stopped. We soon broke apart and caught our breathe. Before laughing with each other and I stand up on my tippy toes and hug him tightly, Matt relaxing into the hug and returning it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

How long has it been since I last updated? A few weeks/a month I hear? Well children I do deeply apologise. This has been sitting in front of me tormenting me for weeks. It's not that I didn't know what to write, it was that I've been going through changes (not good ones) and I haven't been remotely happy enough to write a chapter. But I felt it was absolutely compulsory to write one right now. Even though it is 11:30 pm and I have to be up early in the morning for a dawn service for ANZAC day (New zealand and Australian thing). But hey! IT's here!!

COMMENT/PRIVATE MESSAGE ME SOME MORE ONE-SHOT IDEAS. I'M ALL OUT UNFORTUNATELY! (I use all ideas (if appropriate) and it should be uploaded within a week or 3. There really isn't any telling when haha)

I'm also excited to say I'm working on a new book. It's a Matt and Jenna/Clara book an AU in escence. I'm writing the first few chapters before I upload the cover and the first chapter. (But because I love you, I'm going to attach it here when I get time) I'm excited and just nervous idk why tbh. :P So stay tuned (Following me is the best bet of hearing about anything new happening on my profile)

Have a fantastic day <>O<>

~Emily (Whouffle Sweetie)