My Clara

Doctor POV

I walk around the TARDIS console flicking levers, typing in comands and pushing buttons. Today was Wednesday and I was seeing Clara today. But she didn't want me to meet her at her apartment, but at a theatre. She had called me earlier that she would like me to go watch her perform. Turns out she took singing lessons and her teacher is putting on a performance of three songs. She said that she had reserved a seat for me. I smiled at the thought of my beautiful Clara on stage singing. I sigh. The TARDIS landed and I strolled out of the door. This theatre was probably no bigger than a school gymnasium. After I got through all the security (with a bit of help from my psychic paper). I put the paper in my pocket of my jacket and take my seat. I see her head poke out from behind the curtain and she saw me and flashed me a nervous smile. I give her a reassuring thumbs up. Music starts and the curtains open to reveal a very gorgeous Clara wearing a gold glittery dress that stops at her knees and matching flats. She starts singing and I recognise the song she was singing. It was all of me by John Legend (a/n I'm actually in love with this song at the moment).

What would I do without your smart mouth?

Drawing me in, and you kicking me out

You've got my head spinning, no kidding, I can't pin you down

What's going on in that beautiful mind

I'm on your magical mystery ride

And I'm so dizzy, don't know what hit me, but I'll be alright

I recognised this song beacuse every time I've seen Clara lately, she's been humming that song. The song ended and the crowd errupted in applause. Clara walked off the stage to get ready for the next performance.

Clara POV

I walk off the stage and back stage. I met with my teacher and he congratulated me. But I knew what he was going to do. My friend Amy had mentioned what he does when you don't perform good enough. Soon enough he held my shoulders, towering over me.

"That was an excellent performance but I would like it if you could perfom better you understand me?! This is my career and business at risk! If you don't do good enough nobody would want to work with me! You understand" He said sternly. I was horrified. I didn't answer for a few minutes and he got angrier by the minute. Soon enough I still didn't answer and he took his fist and punched me right in the eye. I stand there with my hand over my eye. I look to the ground and nodded.

"Yes sir."

"That's a girl! Now go out there a kill them!" he had a smile on his face like nothing happened at all. He gave me a thumbs up and pushed me out onto the stage. I stood where I was at the beginning of the performance holding the microphone tightly. Mostly out of pain. Tears were threatening to fall but I took a deep breath and started the song. It was Bad Blood by Taylor Swift

Did you have to do this?

I was thinknig that you could be trusted

Did you have to ruin what was shining now it's all rusted

Did you have to hit me?

Where I'm weak baby I couldn't breathe

And rub it in so deep

Salt in the wound like you're laughing right at me

The song ended and I walked off the stage hoping that I did a good enough job.

Doctor POV

When Clara walked back on stage I noticed she had a black eye. I was more than certain that that was not a make up malfunction or a part of the performance. I started to get worried and she could tell. During her song she gave me a reassuring smile. I thought about it and didn't let it bug me too much. I started to get even more worried when she walked on stage for her last song and she had bruises all over her arms and cuts all over her arms as well. I could tell she was in pain because being in the second row, I could see her eyes, like glass. She looked down at me but didn't smile or do anything she just stood there and started the song. I recognised the song again. It was My songs know what you did in the dark by Fall out boy. Her favourite band. She sung it with passion but I could tell she wasn't doing okay.

Be careful making wishes in the dark, dark

Can't be sure when they've hit their mark

And besides in the mean, mean time

I'm just dreaming of tearing you apart

She didn't finish the song because long after she ran off stage. I stood up straight from my seat and tried to find her back stage. But security stopped me and threw me out to the front of the theatre.

Clara POV

I ran off the stage, I was in so much pain and I new Rob (a/n The Teacher's name) would beat me up again. But I didn't care. I could hear the Doctor's call for me faintly. I tried to follow the sound of his voice but Rob stood right in front of me.

"What do you think you're doing?" he says sternly making me gulp.

"Leaving" I stood up straight and tried to defend myself

"Oh no you're not. You are going out there and finishing my show!"

"No! The way you treat me I don't think you even deserve to even live let alone run a freaking business" I spat in his face and paced fast to the door before being tugged from the back of my dress right into Rob's arms. He punched me in the stomach and started cutting me. I couldn't help but yelp but soon lost consciousness. I didn't remember much after that.

Doctor POV

I hear a scream coming from the back stage. Then I heard a noise like something was being thrown out and onto the ground. (Timelords such like me have incredible hearing). I run quickly to the side of the run down theatre and see Clara sprawled on the ground. I checked and was quickly reassured she was still alive. She had a pulse but must of lost consciousness from blood loss. I knew who did this but I took Clara and went back to the TARDIS. The TARDIS was helpful and made the trip shorter. I placed her in the medic bay and the TARDIS did the rest. I didn't know what to do in a situation like this.

Clara POV

I wake up and try to remember where I was. I suddenly realised I was in the TARDIS. I had a hospital dress on and I was in the medic bay. I looked at the mirror on my bedside table and looked at my injuries. My black eye was still there but my cuts were completely gone. I still had a few bruises but it didn't bother me too much. I stood up and walked to the console room. To see the Doctor with Rob. I step back. The Doctor was holding Rob and threatening to throw him into the votex. Rob gave in and and the Doctor threw him into the vortex. Like that, he closed the door and turned around. He instantly froze.

Doctor POV

I turned around and saw Clara. I didnt' know she was out of bed. I froze in my spot not daring to move. She had arms crossed but a sympathetic look on her face. She walked towards me and hugged me tight. I still hadn't moved my body but I could hear soft sobs. I looked down and saw Clara quietly sobbing into my chest. I rubbed circles on her back with my hand and kissed the top of her head.

"I was scared Doctor, I-I didn't know what to do" she managed to say through sobs

"I know, I know, you're safe now" I hugged her tighter

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey thanks for reading. This story had to be short I told myself, Keep it short I said, ughh I always go overboard and I can never right really short stories less than 2 pages. I can't stay under word limit either. Whoopps. But anyways hope you enjoyed! I like this story but it's not my absolute favourite (souffle classes and food fights is one of my most favourites). Please comment ideas below and you will have the chapter dedicated to you! *gives thumbs up*
Also I'm thinking of making a new book cover when I do hit 1k (maybe) so yeah :)
Oh and I am hoping to have 1k reads by the 27th which is when I start school in Australia :/ I don't like school. Anyways have a fantastic day!

~whoufflesweetie <3