Crushed

Yay! A New Update!

This is an AU (Alternate Universe) where Clara and John (the Doctor) are in highschool. Lets say grade 11. So yeah. Enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Clara POV

Me and my friends Rose and Mickey were staying over at Amy's house for the night. I didn't really want to go because sleepovers result in one thing and one thing only. Truth or Dare or Never Have I Ever. I hated those games. I was a closed book and I wanted to stay that way. Of course all three of us were sitting in a circle. (Well technically triangle) playing truth or dare. It came my turn.

"Okay Clara. Truth or Dare?" Asked Rose looking at me

"Uh Dare" I managed to say. I would do anything but truth. But of course Mickey objected

"Aw come on Clara. You've done dare thousands of times. Do truth." he says looking at me. I sigh.

"Fine" Rose nods her head and stares off into the middle of nowhere obviously thinking. She nods her head and looks at me. I knew exactly what the question would be.

"Who is your crush?" Bingo. Everyone looked at me with excitement and eagerness

"I don't have one" I choke out

"Come on Clara. There must be a special someone in your life that you like. We all said ours now you have to say yours" Says Amy proudly. I sigh in defeat. I go to say something but then there was a knock on the door.

"Girls time to sleep" It was Amy's mother. I mentally high five myself and move over to my sleeping space. Everyone looks at me again.

"Tell us" Says Mickey smiling widely. I do the next best thing. I yawn and quickly go to 'sleep'. I add in the fake snoring for effect.

As soon as I know it. Everyone else was asleep. I look up at the ceiling. I did have a crush but I don't like to tell people these types of things. It was John Smith. From the name a lot of people think he's some sort of Jock or something but he's not. I do chemistry with him and he's the top of the class, just above me. He's always getting straight A's but doesn't get much attention. He was under the social group of the weirdo, smart, nerdy kid in our school. I call him a school friend. We never talk unless it's about class or when we are actually in class. I've had a crush on him since like, forever. But I knew that if I told anyone, even my best friends. They would tease me and give me a hard time. Because all their crushes are the Maths teacher, the new History teacher or Jocks. I was never into Jocks. I found them downright idiots and douches. (A/N only language I apologise)

One Week Later

><><><><><><><

I unlock my locker and neatly place my English notebook and textbook into my locker and gather my Chemistry books and gear I need. I close my locker and see Amy standing there. She looked like she was up to something.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" I ask slightly annoyed. All my friends have been bugging me about my crush ever since I left the other day.

"Tell me who the lucky guy or girl is. I won't judge" she says whispering

"No, like I said I don't have one" I say proudly. I start to walk off but my arm gets pulled towards Amy

"Come on Clara" she says whining

"If I tell you, will you let me go to Chemistry"

"Yes!" she says hopeful. she lets go of my arm

"John Smith" I say quietly. Her facial expression changes.

"You kiddin' me?" She says voice excited

"Nope. I'm gonna go now" I walk off leaving Amy behind to think about the conversation that just went down. But what I didn't notice was that John was around the corner from us and heard the whole thing.

I walk into the classroom and sat down at a bench next to John. Like I like to do every lesson. We seem to click. Like he'd start talking about something random and out of the blue and we would just have a conversation like we've known each other since the beginning of time. Except this time John looks a little different. Not like different hair cut or different clothes. Just different look in his eyes and the way he's acting. He's acting a little shy. Too shy.

"What's up? You seem shy?" I say quietly to him

"Do you have a date for the spring prom?" he says looking at me. I've completely forgotten about the upcoming prom. I've been studying like mad that my mind wiped that from my brain.

"N-No. Why?" I say confused and flattered

"Would you- I mean, if you want-You know-Maybe want to-" he starts stuttering and mumbling on. So I do the next best thing. I kiss him on the cheek.

"Yes I would love to go with you" I say smiling. John smiles back with bright red cheeks. Then the teacher walks in and starts the lesson.

><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><

Hey all! Sorry for the lack of updates! I got home from well I wouldn't say 'vacation/holiday' but I went about 10 hrs away from home and (somewhat) free wifi. And I was planning on updating yesterday but......I got really really sick and I'm a bit better today so that's why im updating

Have a fantastic day!

~WhouffleSweetie <3