Arranged Marriage

Hey! In case you don't know, I am trying to hit 15K reads by my birthday. 8th September. Anyways, this chapter is a somewhat AU (Alternate universe) where Clara and John (The Doctor) are best friends and they both graduated about a year ago. So anyways, enjoy!
><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>>><><><><><><><><><><><
Clara POV
I heard footsteps in my bedroom and I rolled over, placing a pillow over my face, too tired to even open my eyes. Then sunlight spills into my room, making me groan and put my blanket over my face again, trying to get the sun out of my eyes.
"Wakey wakey sunshine" Clara groans, stretching and making random noises
"What time is it?" she says slurred, still half asleep
"7:30" Clara's Mum replies
"7:30?! What?! Why so early?" says Clara, wide eyed
"Your father has lined up some men for you to see" she said nonchalantly, putting a few clothes into my dresser. I groan and put a pillow over my face.

"Why does he want me to marry now?" I say. My Mum sighs and sits on the end of my bed, dipping. I take the pillow off my face and scoot closer to her.

"I guess that's the bad thing about being an only child" she says, sighing

"i guess" I reply, thinking hard.

"Clara, I swear if we could have another child, we would. But you know why we can't"

"it's alright. I don't blame you. I just don't understand why he wants me to marry early. I graduated a year ago." I say, my mum sighs and looks at me

"listen, if you go along with it today, I swear I will take you out to buy you something. Just you and me. My treat" she smiles and me and I smile widely back. Obviously giving in to the deal.

"Okay" I say sighing. She laughs silently to herself and closes my bedroom door. People think that when they graduate, that they're too old to hang out with their mum in public but even though i graduated a year ago, i still love her to the moon and back. And I would do anything for her.

I dress in a purple playsuit, along with white leggings underneath along with my black slip-on shoes. I brushed through my hair and let it do it's own thing today. i wasn't ready to battle with it today. I touched up my make-up from yesterday. i stayed up talking to John all night and forgot to take my make-up off. i smile to myself and sigh in the mirror. I'm not ready for a married life I say to myself before leaving my bedroom.

I step down the stairs nervously and meet my parents in the living room, where my Dad was keeping three of them occupied about golf while I took my 'own sweet time' he says. To be honest, they looked bored out of their minds.

"And that's how I got a hole in one" he says laughing. All three of the boys laugh quietly to themselves obviously bored and uncomfortable. I took that as my queue to enter.

"Oh there she is! Clara this is Codi-" He points to a tall man with beach blonde hair

"Nice to meet you" he says before sitting back down

"-And this is Alex" he points to a boy with dark brown hair - similar to mine- and he actually looks half decent. i might actually enjoy myself today. I smile at him and he smiles back. 

"-And last but not least this is Max" he points to a boy with brown hair - again similar to Alex's and my hair-.

"Right now, take a seat and i'll get some tea" says my Mum standing up. I was almost choking in the awkwardness of the room

><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

2 hours later

Codi and Max had left because of either family or work and that left me and Alex to talk. He was actually a decent human being. He was so relatable and funny, i wouldn't mind him to be honest. I laugh and we both smile at each other. He whispers in my ear about a secret and I start laughing again before I see movement outside. I excuse myself and walk up to the floor length window and see John slowly walking down my street, hands tucked into his pockets, head down.

"Umm, sorry Codi, I have to talk to my friend. Feel free to stay if you like"

"Oh yeah sure. Your Mum makes the best tea"

i smile and nod my head. She really does. i quickly walk out the front door and see John.

"John!" i shout out. I caught his attention and he looks at me sadly but grins.

"Hey, whats up?" I say slightly puffing from having to half run to him

"Nothing. I was coming to visit you but saw that you were preoccupied. With a guy" he clears his throat

"Oh yeah. he's amazing. You would love him. Come on" I grab his hand with the intention of Codi and John being good friends but he resists and tugs my arm off of his.

"What's wrong?" I ask, curious about his anxiousness

"I just feel protective" he says

"Of me?" I raise an eyebrow. He slowly nods his head.

"Well yeah. Secrets out. Have fun with what's-his-name" he rolls his eyes and starts to walk off before i place my hand in his. He stops in his tracks and looks back at me, I had a few tears in my eyes. 

"Why didn't you tell me?" I ask, still holding onto his hand

"Because I didn't want to ruin our relationship"

"John, we both graduated last year, we're out of High-school. We're grown ups" I add. He smiles slightly

"I never knew how to tell you" he says, looking at me blushing

"I know a way" I say quietly, just for us to hear. He raises in eyebrow in confusion. I smile and get up on my tippy-toes and kiss him on the lips. I caught him off-guard but he quickly get the hang of things. We let go of each other for a breath and he smiles at me. I hear someone clear their throat behind me and John blushes and his eyes almost fall out of his head. I turn around afraid it was my Dad, but thankfully it was only Codi.

"i'll catcha later Clara." he says

"Hey bro, congrats by the way" says Codi before leaving. I was relieved that he didn't take offence or get mad at me. John laughs.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Guys! This was actually quite tough to write. Why did I make up this idea? Uhhhh because I had no other ideas. That sounds legit. Anyways guys hope you enjoyed. So my original goal was to reach 15K reads by my birthday (Tuesday this week 8th September) but due to the lack of updates, I wasn't able to reach it but My new goal is 13.5K which is close enough right? :)

Stay beautiful! Peace, Love, Happiness, Have a fantastic day!

~WhouffleSweetie <>O<>