Chapter 7

I was going to go back to the party and join my friends when around the corner, Mr. Perfect popped up.

I was not ready for his level of hotness. Could he get any hotter? Well indeed, he could. Curls bouncing in his fro, face smoothly shaved, teeth bright white, dressed in a gray fitted shirt and black slacks. Nice and tall so he always towered over me, even today when I had heels on.

"What's good five-eleven?"

"Don't call me that."

"Okay, my bad, Starbucks. At least you did not make us late to class on Thursday."

"I listened to my very knowledgeable Resident Assistant. I think he is a smart guy."

"He knows a few things. Enjoying the party?"

"Nice, nice. Really loud music. Lots of people. Is every party on campus like this?"

He shrugged it off. "First party of the year, whoever gets that spot has to pull it off. The Greeks fight for it, but ABC won it this year. With the amount of money we make from this party alone, we will be able to fund several projects this year. I have a lot of ideas."

Every time he talked I felt butterflies twittering away in my chest. I don't want to jump the gun, but I really, really like him. It was a different feeling than I felt for Diallo than I did King. Very slight difference. With King, it was more his looks that attracted me to him. With Diallo, I felt a bond.

"Want to come in and dance with me?"

"Yes!"

And Diallo got me. He wanted to dance with me. He liked my weird dancing. He made me feel free and alive and that I was invincible.

Although on the dance floor, I felt all of the awkward girl I was. Especially in my faux Louboutin. They were exactly like Angel's pair, except cheap and uncomfortable. I was going to have to soak my feet after this party.

After a few fast songs, and me twerking to no end, a slower song came on and Diallo moved closer and put his arms around my waist. I tensed up.

"I'm sorry," he moved back slightly. "I should have asked. Want to dance with me? And do you mind if we dance close?"

He was sweet to ask. I nodded, and he put his arms back around me.

Was this history? I was making history and new memories. Even at my Prom, I did not dance with a boy. Any time a slow song came on, I moved off to the side and watched all the couples. I wished my friends could see me now. The only two friends I had were not attending college. They would not believe she had a whole boy dancing next to her. And not any boy, Mr. Perfect.

"I'm glad you're here Rayvn." He was so close to my ear, I could feel his breath on my neck. Heavenly.

"Mee too!" came out in a croak and I cringed. Great Rayvn, sounding like a frog with the Prince. Maybe he couldn't hear me sounding like Kermit over the music.

"You okay? You need a drink of water?"

Greaaaaat! Hmmm, what do I say to him?

"Ummm, yes, I think so."

We stopped dancing and he took my hand and led me off the crowded dance floor. I was sweating under my arms I hoped I did not leave stains. And now he was pulling me away from the comfort of the crow to yet be alone with a boy again...in one night.

"It's a little hot in there, huh?" he said once we made it outside the auditorium. We can just hang outside and catch a cool breeze.

He stopped at a vending machine and used his school ID to pay for a bottle of water. All I could do was stand there like an idiot and watch. Should I play like my throat was really dry and itchy? I liked dancing with him and being that close, but this was all so new to me and I was not ready.