Chapter 30

After Diallo dropped that bomb, I was speechless.

Like literally, there were no words. I did not know what to say, how to say anything, or want to say anything. Silly me for assuming anything. He was so unlike his sister.

Our food came and we said a quick blessing and then dug in. I ordered the appetizer platter as my meal. There was no way I was going to eat all of it, especially after he dropped that bomb on me.

"You want some of mine, I'll share."

"Sure, you can have some of mine as well."

Mr. Perfect, being perfect. He was perfect and I would argue with anyone to say otherwise.

"You're not going to say anything about what I said?"

"Ummm...huh?"

"Come on Ray, speak your mind, it's okay."

"Why?"

"Why what?"

"Why are you still...I mean, you've had girlfriends, why haven't you..." I couldn't even say the words.

"I'm not going to have sex just to have sex with a person. Yes, I had girlfriends, but they were not that serious. We got to know each other well and all, but I wasn't vibing with them like that. And sex to me is so much more than a roll in the bed, you know. It's too intimate. I want to wait for the right person."

I needed a fan to cool myself off, instead, I sipped my drink.

"Do I want to? Sure, yeah, one day, but there is no rush."

"Yeah."

"How do you feel about that?"

"No rush."

"You're a virgin too, right."

"How did you guess?" I said, giving him a playful smile.

He chuckled. "You give that vibe. It's cool. We're both waiting, and that's that."

But what if I wanted him to be the one? My first. Was he down with that? Wait, Rayvn, don't get ahead of yourself. You like him, but it was not that deep yet. Falling too fast and having sex when I was unsure was sure to have me end up like my mother. No way did I want my life to be that way.

Then again, I could get on birth control as my roomies said. And then there were condoms.

I shook all those thoughts from my head and just enjoyed being with Diallo. Dinner was great and he never stopped being a gentleman. When the server placed the check on the table I swooped it up before he could blink.

"I'm paying."

"Rayvn, I told you, I got this."

"And I said I can pay my way."

"You don't have to. I asked you out on the date, so I'm paying."

"But if we're in this together, shouldn't it be at least fifty-fifty?"

"No! Give it to me, let me pay," he pulled out his wallet to retrieve his credit card.

"Is this some kind of male chauvinist thing? Man takes care of the fragile woman, and I'm supposed to repay that by being some kind of obedient servant to you?"

He smirked at me and I wasn't amused. Mr. Perfect was losing perfect points. Should have known he was too good to be true.

"I like that. Do you think I'm that type of guy? My mom would skin me alive if she knew I was making my girl pay for my food. If you want to pay half, fine, I'll let you, but not today. I asked you out, on our first date, let me be romantic for you."