Chapter 74

"My mother is coming to visit again."

I was not sure why Gay was telling me this. I was not dating Diallo anymore, so I did not care to meet with her mother again.

"Oh, well warn me so I can hide out somewhere else."

Gay laughed at me, but I was so serious. Not that I thought her mother was a horrible person, but I could tell under her scrutiny, I did not meet her standards for her son. Maybe she needed to look closer at her son.

Hopefully, Allura would do better under her scrutiny.

"Both my parents are coming this time. It's like I'm not an adult and they need to watch over me."

"All parents are that way."

"I doubt it."

I was not kidding her. I did not want to be around when her parents came to town. She could visit with them all she wanted, I did not have to meet her parents. I made plans to be out of my room all day Saturday while they were in there. I wished I could have spent the day with King, but he left for the weekend to go home to Kansas City.

First, studied at the library. Then I roamed around campus, shopped at the bookstore for essentials I needed, and then decided I needed to do some real shopping. I stopped to get my favorite drink at Starbucks, then I headed to the mall. A girl could never have too many shoes, dresses, purses, and accessories. New earrings, hair clips and headbands, a hat, and loads of new lipstick.

While I was thinking about it, I bought King a KC Royals jersey. It was his team he loved. I bought myself a Cardinals jersey because we were the better team and I had to let him know.

I had to stop and eat something at the food court. Nothing was too appetizing for me, but I settled on some Panda Express. I'm sitting there in the nearly bare food court, minding my business eating my horrible food and people watching when I see a familiar face.

It's Allura, and she's holding hands with a boy I don't recognize. It's not Diallo.

I stopped mid chew of my orange chicken, mouth gaped open, watching Allura all smiles while holding hands with this tall, attractive, but looked nothing like Dialla guy.

What was I supposed to do?

She did not spot me there as she walked along hand in hand with the guy. It was no Jon either, although she for sure had a type. He looked like her ex except with darker hair and a bit taller. What was she doing with another guy that way when she was with Diallo? Was she cheating on him?

If his parents were still in town, surely he was with them, why hadn't she spent time with his parents?

I texted Gay: Are your parents still here?

Unfortunately. Did get a free meal...although it came with a lecture on my behavior

Is Diallo with you?

Of course the narc is

Hmm, how was I going to ask my next question?

Did your parents get to meet his new girlfriend, Allura?

She flaked out, something about a project. Whatevs

Oh wow. So she lied to get out of meeting the parents and now she was hanging with some other guy. Poor Diallo.

I could pay her back for what she did to break me and him up, take pictures of her and send them to Diallo. Revenge would be so sweet.

Or I could stay out of other's people's business as Diallo always told me to do concerning my friends. Here's the thing, I did not consider Allura nor Diallo my friend anymore. I would always look out for my friends.