Chapter 15

"And what's your major, St. Louis?"

"Oh so now that's my new nickname?"

"Yeah."

"Okay, KC, I see how you are. I'm a business major. I know, I know, that's pretty broad, but I don't know what I want to focus on."

"That's why you take a few classes to find out."

"I guess."

Unlike Angel who knew what she wanted to do after working a few years as a model before she even attended college. She majored in fashion merchandise because she knew she loved clothes and fashion. Before she started her own business, she worked at Macy's. Depending on what I focused on, maybe I could work for Angel before I started my own business, doing what, I don't know yet.

After driving for a while, I questioned where King was taking me.

"Are we going all the way back to your home, in Kansas City?"

"Ha! Funny. No. Just be patient, fresh."

While he drove, I texted Allura and Twyla that I was out with King.

King who, was Allura's response

King! From our Eng class

Yaaassss girl!! That man is fire.

Have fun, Twyla texted.

King finally stopped and parked in the lot of a place called Bonkers. I could tell by the loud screaming kids running about, this was a kid-friendly, family outing type of place. Not a romantic date night place. Sooooo, I am guessing this was not a date?

Hey, what do I know! I guess if a person wanted to take another person to Chuck E Cheese and call it a date they can.

"It's pretty cool here."

"Is this place like Chuck E Cheese on crack?"

We walked in and I was sold immediately. Sure, there were lots of little kids running around, but there were lots of adults as well. King moved around as if he knew the place by heart. He went to the machine where you put in money for tokens, and I stopped him immediately.

"I can pay for mine."

"But I asked you out and brought you here. It's on me, fresh. Next time is on you."

Soooo, this was definitely a date? I smiled to myself as he bought us tokens. My first date and with a guy I found hot. I was a lucky girl for sure.

Maybe he took lots of girls here on a first date and I was not special. Why would King, a sophomore at Mizzou, the school with girls of all flavors, be interested in a girl like me? What did I have to offer him?

"Come on fresh, let me take some pictures of you, looking all cute."

That made me smile. He had to like me more than a friend if he thought I was cute.

I did a couple of goofy poses at one of the games and then took some of him. We played as many games as we could, with me buying twenty dollars worth and adding it to the pot. Then we divided the tickets equally in half and cashed out, buying lame little items I would lose ten minutes later and candy we could have gotten at the dollar store. We were there for over two hours. I was tired and hungry.

"I guess I need to feed you." Bonkers had an area for ordering food and tables and chairs to eat.  "A date would not be complete without food."

As if it could be any clearer. I smiled internally, well, I think...maybe there was a big cheese-eating smile on my face about it. I was having so much fun with him and he felt like an old friend, it did not feel like a date. The next step was he would become my boyfriend, right? Next after that was kissing and well...everything else.