Chapter 33

After my meltdown with Angel, I assured her I was fine, and that I wanted to hang out with my friends. She left to meet some old friends and probably go to her hotel. She said to call her if I needed her.

But I had a blast sharing Juju and Chantel with my new friends. They all loved them. They kept telling them how they needed to come more, could crash in our room anytime and they wanted to take them to one of the parties.

They liked Diallo.

"Do you know how lucky you are?" Juju said to me while we were in my room for the night trying to get some sleep. Juju and Chantel had no problems sleeping on the floor. I lay in my bed looking down at them.

"What do you mean? Because I'm here?"

"Because you can afford to be here," JuJu added in. "Sure, I didn't have the grades or desire, but if I had the money, I would have gone to college. Not only are you getting a better education than we had in high school, but you also get to meet all these different people. Cool people."

Chantel made kissing noises as she said. "And a nice-looking boyfriend is not bad."

"I prefer the sister!" Juju admitted

"Oh, she's hot too!"

We all laughed. It was good to laugh again and not think of the misery I felt all week. That was over, I would not think of it again. Until next time, which would surely come.

I wanted to tell my friends about the money so bad. I could, not one was stopping me. Angel didn't say it had to be a big secret or anything. I wondered if I told my two best friends, would they have their hands out begging for some? I would gladly give them a few dollars if they needed it, I just did not want to be taken advantage of.

Money really could change people.

"But what's up with that cutie Donell?" Chantel asked. "Now him, I might have to link up with."

"What?" I didn't know for sure the status of Donell and Twyla's relationship, but I knew they were having sex with each other. I did not want my friend mixed up in that situation.

We talked all night and planned our Saturday. I wanted to take them to the football game so they could experience Mizzou doing what it did best, but they wanted to do other things. They wanted to see the whole campus, go to the mall and go to some parties. There would be plenty of parties for us to choose from.

We woke up bright and early, made it to the cafeteria for breakfast, and watched people. Chantel and JuJu were so excited about being at a college campus they acted like they were at the Oscars. Taking pictures of people they deemed worthy to remember. Since Mizzou's campus was huge, it literally took us most of the day to see everything they wanted to see.

Angel checked in on us and asked if we wanted lunch with her, but I was having a blast with my friends, I didn't need her concern right now. No parental figures.

We did not go to the game, but we were adjacent to the game, watching all the wild students and fans do their thing.

Diallo texted that he wanted to hang with me, but I told him the weekend was all about my friends. I invited him to come to the fraternity party we were going to later, but he was not interested.

So back to my room to try and get five girls ready for a party.

"Ooo, Chantel, you're my size, want to find something in my closet to wear?" Allura asked her.

"I never turn down cute clothes!" Chantel went off to Allura's room.

JuJu was a lot taller and thicker than any of us, so she could not wear any of our clothes. She did not mind wearing whatever she brought in anticipation of a party. Besides, anything she wore would look amazing on her. She had body-ody-ody. The kind guys fell over to look at her, except she liked girls.