Chapter 69

I spent every day of Spring Break with King. We did the beach for a few hours a day but also did other things. While Gay and his friends wanted to party with all the other Spring Breakers, King and I were content with just us two.

We drove around South Beach to see different sites and eat at really cool places. King was always a gentleman and at times it still felt like we were just friends.

Until he would kiss me.

If I had to rank kissers, in the little experience I have had, King was number one by a long shot. I was not even going to compare the other two.

"I think I should cancel my plane ticket and ride back with you and Gay." This was our last night before we headed off, and we sat watching the night sky like our first night there.

"It's a long drive. We start early and get back pretty late."

"At least I will have you with me."

"Aaa!" I leaned over and kissed him. "And Gay."

His friends were mad at him that he canceled his flight, but they were cool with me so they got over it quickly. I had gotten to know his friends well and they were nice guys. It was good that he was surrounded by good guys, even though Will had a girlfriend. Gay told me all they did was kiss a bit and claimed it was not cheating.

I don't know what her definition was, but it was cheating to everyone else in the world.

She and her brother were definitely on different ends of the spectrum with that thought. Diallo thought simply talking to a guy was cheating. Gay would go all out with a guy and think nothing of it. Neither Gay nor Will was trying to get out of their current relationship, so yeah, it was weird to me.

The drive back to Columbia was better with King. We talked and laughed and had so much fun. It took less time to get back home, but I was super tired when we made it there.

I was not ready for our break to be over. It went by so fast.

"You want to hit me up later tonight after you get situated?" King asked when I dropped him off at his residence hall.

"It's already late bro!" Gay jumped into our conversation.

"Yeah well, I want Rave's voice to be the last thing I hear before I catch my Zs."

I blushed so hard but Gay was a hater and smushed King in the back of the head from her spot in the backseat.

"I'll call," I said to him before giving him a peck on the cheek although I wanted to do more. Gay was in the car and I did not want to show out. I even told King upfront I kissed Gay before but only because I was only curious. He had no issues with that, nor did he make a big deal about it.

Like ask for a freaky menage or something. Guys were idiots. Not King.

After we reached our suite and put things away, we both wanted showers and to do nothing but lounge out. Gay was immediately on the phone with Felix so I got in my bed and called King.

"You're all situated now? Thanks for calling."

"I said I would. How can I be so glad to be back but miss it already?" I was going to miss waking up hearing the ocean and digging my toes into sand, but at least I still would be able to see King every day.

"I did not miss school at all, but here we are."

We talked all night. I was happy and nothing could ruin my week.

Except of course there always was something. I was working the front desk Monday night when who showed up? The person that was banned from showing up in my residence hall. I immediately got on the phone with my Hall Director before Todd was anywhere close to the front desk.