Chapter 39

JuJu and Chantel were going on with their lives as if they had not assaulted my roommates. Diallo said he could not do anything unless Allura or Twyla reported the incident, he was not on duty, and if they did report it, the RA on duty would come down on her and her roommates harshly for visitors attacking residents.

And just like that, I was going to get thrown out of college!

Okay, maybe I was overreacting. Yet, how was I supposed to react? I did not want JuJu and Chantel to get into trouble, but I also had to protect myself.

"Maybe you guys should stay in a hotel for the night. Not my room with my roommates."

We were at the game, it was loud and annoying, and I could not get into it. Maybe I was not a true Mizzou stan yet. Maybe it would take all four years for me to catch the spirit. Or maybe I would enjoy it more if other things did not occupy my mind.

"Why are we running scared from them?" Chantel said. "We came to hang with you, that's it."

"I know, but-"

"It's your room too Rave, have a backbone," JuJu stated.

That's not what it was about for me. Not really. I did not want my roommates to hate me over what happened, but I didn't want to make my friends any more upset and never want to visit again.

While they were enjoying the game, I texted Jared and let him know what was up. He agreed, that they did not need to stay in my room, but he also said all hotels were booked because of Homecoming. They could not find a room if they wanted to.

Can't they stay with you in your hotel room

Two teenage girls with attitudes all up in my space?

Please, please, please!

I added crying emojis, hearts, and plenty of happy faces. I would do whatever I could to not make this issue blow up any worse than it was.

Okay, okay! I will sleep on the couch. This is why I don't have kids.

Love you, Uncle Jared!

Again, sent it with more emojis so I could suck up to him. Then I quickly added.

Don't tell Angel any of this.

Why would I do that? You did nothing wrong, but I will have a talk with your girls.

Now all I had to do was convince my friends to stay in Jared's room and not in my room. I knew Chantel would not like it because she would not be across the hall from her boo Donnell. When I had the right mind, I would give Donnell a talking to. He was the reason for all of this.

I relaxed a bit and enjoyed some of the game, eating popcorn and nachos with my friend and not discussing the situation at all.

Mizzou was winning, by a long shot, and Chantel and JuJu wanted to leave early and I had no problems with that. I texted Diallo that we were leaving and if we were going to meet up later.

Dinner with my mom

Huh? I had to do what now?

It was fine having a little barbecue meal with her and chatting it up, but dinner was something else. Sure, it seemed as if she liked me, but I knew at any time I could put my foot in my mouth. I was Rayvn Nicole Lawrence, known to be a screw-up.

I agreed to dinner, but I had to figure this all out. My friends, I was supposed to spend time with them, and my boyfriend and his mother. If I chose Diallo, I felt as if I was abandoning my friends after I begged them to come back down again. If I chose my friends, I'm sure Diallo would be upset that I brushed him and his mother off.