Chapter 8

I'll spare you the details of the rest of the night but we had fun. We headed to Addison's the local restaurant that catered to the college crowd. None of us was twenty-one, so no drinking. We all ordered food and then shared it with everyone.

I wanted to sit next to Diallo, but somehow I was squished between Twyla and Allura in the wrap-around booth, with Gay at Allura's side, and the guys seated on the outer side of the booth. I could look directly across and make eye contact with Diallo.

It was better not to be close, maybe I would have choked on my potato skins.

After we all ate, we headed to the twenty-four-hour CVS just to pick up random things. As if I needed gum, gummy bears, shampoo, and a new cute notebook. Nope, didn't need any of that, but we were planning on all hanging out some more tonight. I wanted gummy bears.

Since room five-eleven was party central, we all made it there and flipped on the TV. There was only one couch, and four of us sat there, while the others sat on the floor. Of course, Gay pulled out some smoke from her bag.

"Not tonight, GiGi," Diallo said to her.

"Dude! Buzzkill?"

"Fuckin' have some respect is all. This isn't your room."

"They don't care."

"I care."

Watching the two of them go at it reminded me of my sister and me when she wanted to mess up my things, or try and play with me or something else lame. We were four years apart, so that was a lot. We were never really close, especially because we have different mothers.

"I don't mind," Allura stated with a big smile on her face.

Twyla wasn't paying much attention, she and Donnell were on the floor in a corner talking quietly to themselves. I looked at Diallo, and if I could read his mind, I knew what he was thinking. Call it older sibling sensory or something.

"Gay, actually I do mind. The whole room will smell and another RA would smell it and your brother is not on duty tonight. We could get in serious trouble."

"Oh for fucks sake! All right!" She put her stash back in her bag and Diallo mouthed "Thank You" to me.

So we Netflixed and chilled all night, till one by one everyone dropped off to sleep. I don't know who was first or last, but I fell asleep on the couch and later woke up to everyone in various places around the room.

I looked around, Diallo was on the other end of the sofa with Gay and Allura in between us. He looked so cute asleep! How was it possible that Mr. Perfect was Mr. Adorable in his sleep? I wanted to go over to him and stare at his face, touch his cheek maybe, or play in his hair.

No! Rayvn Nicole Lawrence, you know better!

I eased off the couch and stepped over Richie sprawled out near my feet. Twyla and Donnell were cuddled up on the floor sleep. Cute. Maybe they were an item now.

I went to my room, closed the door, changed into my pajamas, and slid into my bed for some real sleep.

The next morning, I woke up and stretched, then left my room. No one was out there. The bathroom was clear. I grabbed my shower things and rushed in to take a shower while I had it all to myself. Fresh and clean, I wrapped a towel around myself and walked out of the bathroom.

Gay walked out of Allura's room, totally nude. I nearly dropped the shower caddy I was holding.

She was...NAKED!

She was even more perfect with not a stitch of clothing on. And she did not shave, not anything. Not underarm hair, nor...you know, any other area.

"Hey cutie," she said, walking past me to go into the bathroom.

"I...I...I..." Of course, I have seen a naked female body before. I have a naked female body! But her body looked nothing like mine. I couldn't stop watching her.

"Cool night, huh?"

"Yes...yes, it was."

She sat on the toilet and peed without closing the door. I stood by my door, not looking in of course. I could easily just go inside my room, and close out her nakedness from my brain. How was a girl making me feel all weirded out? Was I gay? Or was I just into Gay?

"Ugh!"

Gay walked out after she thoroughly washed her hands, walked over to me, and stood close. She was shorter than me by a few inches, but she seemed so much older. She had light-colored eyes, I know because she was staring right into mine. Her locs were down and a few framed her face.

"Do you like my brother?"

Whoa! Why was she asking me that? What was I supposed to say to that? Sure, he's hot, he's perfect, he's dreamy. I want to live happily ever after with him.

"Uh..."

"I get it if you do, but such a waste because I think you're hot and if you're into girls, I'm into you."

But she...and Allura...what was going on?

I have no idea what to say to her. I knew I should have walked away while she was tinkling, but I wanted to watch her and see what she would do. Now I know.

"I need to get dressed, I have...things to do today and..."

"Ok, we can link up later maybe?"

Link up, and I'm pretty sure she did not mean to hang out. Did Allura and her just link up? It was not my business.

Gay walked back into Allura's room and closed the door. I let out a sigh and went into my room. I dressed, pulled off my shower cap, and ran my fingers through my hair. I looked at my phone. Who to call to clear my mind?

My father? Angel? My two closest friends. Chantel or Juji? No, I just needed a moment to myself and think. I quickly dressed, grabbed my purse and keys, and headed out the door.

I took the stairs down so that I would not have to pass by Diallo's door. Once outside, I took a long fresh breath. College had been crazy and it was only one week. I knew people said this is a place where you grew up, but was I ready to grow up? I liked myself just fine...I think.

Everyone else seemed so worldly and all I knew was my little city, St. Louis. I had not traveled at all, not until I was looking into colleges, and even then, I did not leave the good state of Missouri. I knew there was a whole world out there, and I needed to find my place.

Mizzou was a representation of the real world. Diverse, racially and culturally, and very open to the LGBTQ+ spectrum. I may not know where I fit into all of that, but I was ready to learn.

I walked the campus, huge as it was, and exhausted myself. I had no plan on where to go or what to do, I was just clearing my head.

Of Gay.

And King.

And Mr. Perfect himself, Diallo.

And that was not all the choices I had to pick from the vast amount of hotties. Those were just the three I met this week.

I was headed back when my phone buzzed. It was Twyla.

"Yo, you guys finally up. I thought we planned this weekend?"

"Waiting on you my dear, waiting on you."

I headed back to the room and Twyla and Allura sat on the couch, TV on and talking.

"Ready to do it up like real Mizzou students now?"

"Woohoo!" Allura fake enthused.

We were going to our first football game. 

A/N: How about that Gay? Y'all know I am messy, and it would not be a book by me if I did not add drama.

So there's King, Diallo, and Gay. Nice options.