Chapter 3: Pauper now

Allison standing at the door looking at the people in the room in disbelief tear filled her eyes. She was shocked as she look at the people, looking at the situation she felt ashamed. She open her mouth to say something but don't know how to react.

Meanwhile the people in the room covered themselves.

"How could you.." Allison whisper tears flow from her eyes.

Looking at the closed person in the world. Has broken her trust and betrayed her. She felt her heart hurt.

The people in the room are non other than her husband and her step sister.

Rebecca look at her and their is a smirk on her red and swollen lip. Her eyes filled with scarcsm. On the other hand landon look annoy when he look at Allison.

This is the first time Allison has saw this expression on landon face who always had a gentle smile.

Allison look at the people in front of her seeing no trace of guilty conscience, not a single word of sorry.

She felt little strange waiting for them to say something. But instead saw Rebecca leaning on landon arm.

"You still don't understand" Rebecca said as she sneer at her.
Her eyes filled with disgust.

Landon chuckle.

"She think you are still her husband" she said to landon while mocking Allison.

"What you mean?" Allison voice tremble while asking.

She saw two of them leaning against each other while ridiculing her. She doesn't recognize Rebecca in front of her and the one in her memory who always treated her as her younger sister are so different.

"Ms Allison maxwell the heiress of maxwell group is nothing  but a pauper now" she said while smirking

Allison doesn't believe what she was hearing. But the thinks Rebecca said is the truth and the betrayal is the fact, of her family. She has no option but to accept the harsh reality. As Rebecca throw the proof on her face.

She couldn't breathe, her mind is dizzy. She couldn't think anything clearly she was shaken.

"Why?" She whisper.

Before she could ask and cried her grievance out. They kick her out.

She was emotionally unstable suddenly facing such a bitter truth is not easy for Allison to accept.

Not knowing where she was walking her feet leads her. As she walk blindly on the street. Suddenly a car ran into her. Allison lost balance and fall on the ground in shock.

A middle age woman walk out of the car. She saw the young girl in front of her car on the ground. As she walk forward the lady saw Allison condition is bad.

"Are you okay??, I will take you to hospital" she said with cornern.

As she saw Allison is crying, Allison rejected her offer. When she saw Allison is crying breathlessly she felt pity and she offer her ride.

Allison don't know where she can go now. The lady confronted Allison she saw the young girl looks from nice background and she is crying so badly in the middle of the road, something must be wrong with the young girl.

She park the car nearby and talk to Allison. Under the gentle comfort of the woman Allison finally couldn't bear it and share her grievance with her. At first the lady was shock and angry after that she felt pity for the young girl.

It's not safe for young and beautiful girl to roam. If she fell in the hand of wrong people how dangerous it could have been. Her life could have been ruined.

The lady decided to lend and helping hand for Allison. She took Allison to her house and offer her to live as long as she want and couldn't find any other place.

The middle age kind lady who took Allison to her house, her name is Anna. She lives single and doesn't have any family member.

Seeing her sincere kindness and gentle comfort, Allison calm down her uncontrolled emotion. The house is very simple where Anna lives. But she treated Allison very kindly. After dinner they slept.

***********************************

Twist and turn:-

This is my edited chapter.

I am gonna upload every week two chapter on Patreon. (Link in bio)

The upcoming story is full of Twist and turns.