08| Slay Quidnunc |

Some people in this world seriously have nothing to do. Even as doctors they still have time to gossip and spread rumors about someone.

Well, this morning when Mufida came to work all eyes were on her. She didn't even get these looks on her first day at work and it's not as if they haven't seen her.

Mufida couldn't help but feel self-conscious and also curious about why everyone in Al-umma is staring at her and mumbling something under their breath.

"Do you have any idea what's wrong with everyone today? They seem off their duties."Mufida huffed. Rahma and Rufaidah exchanged looks with each other and turned back to Mufida both of them not ready to talk.

"You guys surely know something but aren't telling me. Right ?"Mufida asked pointing her index finger at them suspiciously.

"My lips are sealed," Rahma stated zipping her lips playfully with her finger.

"Bari mukhtar yazo, zai fada mun komai. Let mukhtar come, he'll tell me everything."Rahma and Rufaidah raised their hands in surrender and Mufida shook her head at them.

"Koma meye dai. Whatever, I'm not saying anything to you."Rufaidah added earning a glare from Mufida.

Right in time, Mukhtar came into the office with his coat hung over his shoulders he never even wears it often.

"Talk of the town."Mukhtar teased and Mufida rolled her eyes.

Wait.... what?

"Say what now?"Mufida questioned, perplexed. Mukhtar looked at Rahma and gave them the ' you haven't told her yet ' look and they shook their head at him.

"They didn't tell you yet?"Mufida nodded.

"Well..."Mukhtar started but was cut off by Laila and her little minions.

They're never on good terms with Mufida. Because Laila thinks Hisham is spending too much time with Mufida in the name of work and he doesn't even notice how Mufida is always batting her eyelashes at him seductively.

Like what the he-

And she confronted Mufida about the matter too. The guts of that woman.

"What do you think of yourself Mufida? How dare you?"Laila yelled coming in front of Mufida her hands akimbo, with heavy makeup on her face if you haven't gotten used to seeing her face with such heavy makeup you would've run away if you see her face.

She resembles a slay queen chimpanzee.

"What are you talking about?"Mufida asked innocently. If she didn't do anything then why is Laila shouting at the top of her lungs, unnecessarily?

"What an act Mufida. Instead of going to a medical school, you should've gone to acting school, it would suit you better."Laila spatted.

"Laila don't pass your limits, "Mufida warned raising her voice a little.

Rahma, Rufaidah, and Mukhtar stood still watching the show quietly from their angle. They already know the reason behind the furious Laila and little innocent Mufida who has no idea what's happening.

"Limits ? says the person who has been following her boss around just to woo him." Mufida didn't stop herself from slapping Laila. One thing she hates in this world is being violent but when one exceeds his limit you left him with no choice.

"Did you just slap me?"Laiba asked through gritted teeth. "Stay away from Hisham, I'm warning you."She yelled pointing her index finger at Mufida.

"And what if I don't?"

"What did you just say?"Laiba rhetorically asked. "I swear to Allah..."She started but a deep masculine voice stopped her.

"What's happening here?"Hisham asked staring furiously at Laila and Mufida.

"I...."Laiba couldn't find her voice.

What happened? Cat caught your tongue? That's exactly what Mufida wanted to say to her but kept her mouth sealed.

"All of you, in my office now, "Hisham ordered and left arrogantly. As if he wasn't the one who was laughing and throwing bad jokes at her yesterday throughout the whole ride.

They all followed him to the office, including the audience who were watching the show.

"What was happening in there? Why were you shouting?"Hisham asked looking at Laila expecting her to answer his question.

Laila's lips quivered. She started talking but she couldn't utter anything because of how scared she was. Mufida had to hold her breath. Laila looked so funny.

"Someone should speak up."

Mukhtar took that as his cue to talk. He's very good at this kind of thing. "Sir, this morning before Miss Mufida arrives at the office, Laila and her friends were spreading rumors about you and miss Mufida."Mufida rose her brows at his last statement.

Rumors about me and Hisham?

Hisham only nodded his head and continued with his work.

Mukhtar told him everything from the beginning till the end but he still didn't tell Hisham what's the rumor all about. Well, he didn't ask.

"What kind of vacuous behavior is this, Laila? I didn't expect this from you. Spreading fake news about someone? And that too you didn't even spare me. Apologize to Doctor Mufida right away." Hisham concluded sternly.

If looks could kill Mufida would've been dead by now. And Laila she looked like she was about to burst because of anger.

"Sorry," Laila said, unapologetically.

"You can leave. And this shouldn't be repeated."They all nodded before leaving his office.

"Did you see her face?"Rahma asked amidst laughter and high-fived Rufaidah. Laila heard them and approached them, her makeup all spoiled.

"You know you're all clowns."Laila spatted her hands against her chest.

"Well, At least we've got a personality, not as basic as you bitch."Mufida retorted stifling back her laughter because of the look on Laila's face. It was indeed a sight to behold.

Laila hissed and left with her minions trailing behind her like a tail.