33| At Sixes And Sevens |

Mufida got her chocolate chips cookies and her coffee with extra milk to the living room, she settled herself on the couch adjacent to the television and turned the tv on. She isn't going to work, she told Rahma to filled her in on whatever that happens there, she also asked her to help her with the attendance.

It's not like she is tired or something, she is strictly avoiding Hisham as she didn't have the right answer to give him. Well, she is just confused about everything. She had met up with Halima yesterday and Halima cleared out everything to her, and her last words really made her wonder if she is indeed making the right decision.

Halima told her to look deeply into her heart and do what she sees, she shouldn't be blinded by hatred for someone and make the wrong decision.

Halima is right, but she is confused about everything. What to do and what not.

Mufida took a bite of her cookies and sipped her coffee slowly relishing the nice taste of it in her mouth, her eyes was focused on the show going on, which was an Indian series. It was the repeat of yesterday's own, she missed it so she is watching it now together with her breakfast.

"You aren't late today neh?"Umma asked, settling herself on the couch beside Mufida.

Mufida kept the cup of coffee down and looked her mother. "Actually..."She weighed. "I'm not going to work today."Mufida concluded with a nervous smile.

"And why is that ? I've noticed that you do the same thing everyday since Eid, why aren't you going to work is there something that I should know about?"Umma enquired furrowing her brows slightly at Mufida.

Should I tell umma about it ?

Gosh !

Mufida was eerily quite, she bit her lower lips before turning to her mother. She couldn't find the correct lie that she will tell her mother and she'll agree without any arguments.

If she tells her mother about Hisham's proposal then she'll get all excited about it and she isn't even sure if she likes Hisham that way and that she is ready to marry him.

And Haidar....

Everything is messed up.

"Umma...I...uh..."Mufida started blinking her eyes innocently at her mother.

Mufida gave up, she is her mother she deserves to know the truth before anyone.

And she'll do the right thing.

"I'm avoiding my boss."Mufida confessed with a sigh. A line appeared between umma's forehead as she stared at Mufida.

"Why?"

"Umma."Mufida called out, faintly. "He uh...proposed to me."She blurted her eyes closed.

A wide smile illuminated umma's face. "Alhamdulillah, that's good news Mufida, why are you avoiding him then?"

Mufida felt the urge to roll her eyes. See what I was talking about.

"I don't like him."Mufida replied taking a sip of her coffee, she couldn't wait for their conversation to get over before taking it. It might get cold by then.

"But you'll like him eventually, Mufida that's just how it works. I didn't even know how your father looked like when I married him."

Mufida sighed deeply. Her mother is right, but that happens with the lucky ones. It's not all arrange marriage that works out, don't believe it when people say it.

Chasing Her Heart On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara