57| The Cover-up |

Amina huffed throwing her arms in surrender. "I can't do this, this isn't right Ya Hisham, pls don't do it."

Hisham sighed deeply his face buried between his palms. He is confused, he has no idea what to do or whose words to follow. He agreed that he likes Mufida but not too far to betray her by marrying her as Haidar.

His father, uncles, and everyone are in support except for Amina.

F L A S H B A C K

"I know that we just lost Haidar, we are all in grieve and it pains us a lot that we lost such a good soul, Allah ya gafarta masa."

"Ameen ya Allah."They all chorused in response.

The elders of both families are having a meeting in Ahmad's house about Haidar, his upcoming wedding in particular. Mufida's family are worried as heck about Mufida's health. They don't want to hide the truth but they're afraid of what the outcome might be.

They're all here to solve the issue and see the way to tackle the matter.

"But we are also worried about Mufida."Alhaji Ahmad continued. "I and my brothers have decided to get her married to Hisham, Haidar's twin brother."

Ridwan shook his head, he knew that he isn't supposed to talk while the elders are talking but this is pure deceit and injustice being forced on two innocent people. "But this isn't right."His father Alhaji Muhammad nodded in agreement before speaking up.

"It's not about right or wrong here Ridwan, it's about her mental health and how she is going to cope with it, you just said that she is starting to recover from the trauma we can't let her go through this again. Y'all heard what the doctor said, she might slip into a coma due to shock."

He is right, but the whole idea is wrong.

"Even if we don't tell her now she will find out sooner or later," Ridwan added still not supporting their ridiculous solution. They can find a better way but not this.

"We won't let her know about it, no one will tell her."

Okay now Ridwan is shocked, he can't let them ruin his sister's life forever. Getting her married to someone else is just out of the question.

"This won't happen, I won't agree to this. How can y'all agree to this? This is ridiculous!! Hisham please tell them that you won't agree to this."

Hisham looked up at Ridwan with teary eyes. He didn't utter a word since the so-called meeting started. Hisham hiccuped and started. "I..agree with Ridwan...I can't marry Mufida it's completely wrong, and I oppose it."

"This isn't a debate or court where you oppose or support the motion Hisham." that was Kawu Musa with sarcasm. As old as he is. "We are doing what we think is both for Mufida that's all. And were you not the one going all crazy in love with Mufida? Now you're pretending and saying you won't marry her."

Y'all know those uncles that were just born to disgrace and insult you? Kawu Musa is one of them.

Ridwan was surprised, not only him but everyone else in the room who wasn't aware of it was perplexed.

"This is not the time to talk about this Kawu."Hisham was trying his best to keep calm. It won't be right to talk back to his uncle when they are not alone.