11| Day Off |

"Look, here comes the world's most boring brother."Halima quelled and Haidar joined her clapping their hands together.

Hisham shot her a glare and shook his head at them. "I wonder why he's at home today," Halima added placing her left hand under her chin as if in thought.

Reaching the dining room, Hisham smacked her and took his seat. It was only the three of them who are at home, their mother passed away ten years ago and their father is always not with them. Hisham and Haidar are the ones taking care of the family and their younger sister, Halima.

"You aren't going to work today?"Haidar asked shoving a spoonful of his couscous.

Hisham pulled a chair and sat down. He served himself the couscous, prepared his coffee, and dived right in.

"I took a day off."

He answered leaving them dumbstruck. Haidar looked at Halima, she also looked at him and rose an eyebrow. Both of them wondered why the workaholic is finally taking a day off.

"What?"Hisham asked munching on his food.

"Nothing, I'm just curious about why you took a day off," Haidar answered giving Hisham a quizzical look.

"I'm also a human being, I also need rest."Haidar and Halima hummed in response not believing what he just said.

"You're taking me out shopping today since you're free."Haidar stared at Halima's jaw dropped. He took her out shopping just last week and Today, she's asking Hisham to take her shopping.

"I'm not going anywhere."Hisham declined gulping down the last content of his coffee.

"Why are you so stingy? You have money but don't like spending it."Halima remarked with an eye roll.

"I spend my money wisely and not on useless things."Hisham defended.

"Hisham don't mind her, I took her out shopping last week fah. When you start earning your own money you'll know how it feels."Haidar scolded pointing his spoon at her.

"I pity your girlfriend."Halima shook her head staring earnestly at Hisham.

"Well, I don't have a girlfriend."Hisham shrugged and stood up from his chair and went straight to watch Health Tv. His all-time favorite channel.

Halima followed him and took a sit beside him on the couch.

"Ban yarda ba gaskiya. I don't agree with you."Halima stated and shook her head.

"Nima dai. Me too."Haidar chimed in, settling himself on a one-seater couch.

"See the reason why I don't stay at home. You guys won't let me rest, you're always disturbing me with your questions."

"That's not true Ya Hisham, I know all about Ya Haidar's love story. Saura naka. Remaining yours."Halima didn't miss the glare Haidar sent her way, she chuckled lightly and ignored him.

"To be sincere with you, I'm not ready for a relationship or whatsoever that has to do with such a big commitment."Hisham shook his head gravely.

"You're so boring," Halima stated and laughed. She then turned to Haidar with a smirk dancing on her lips.

"I saw your baby girl last week."Halima teased and Haidar rolled his eyes. He had also met with her but she completely paid no heed to him. He's trying his best to win back his love for her and his trust, but she isn't even ready to hear him out.

"Who's she?"Hisham questioned raising his brows at Halima.

"Why do you want to know her name? Huh, I'm not telling you anything since you're also not ready to tell me anything."

Hisham mouthed a warrever before focusing on the show going on on the Tv.

"She looked even more beautiful, are you sure she didn't get married to someone else?"

Haidar just stared at his 20-year-old sister in a daze. What's wrong with her today? She's always like this but today.

"Why don't you ask her yourself."Haidar retorted glaring at her.

"No vex o," Halima said amidst laughter. Haidar's expression was indeed a sight to behold. "I'm just saying my mind. Anyways, we've exchanged contacts, and she also invited me over for a girl's out tomorrow."Halima squealed and continued. "I can't wait."

There was something she said that caught Haidar's attention. She have Mufida's contact. That will be very helpful.

"Erm.."Haidar started rubbing the nape of his neck. "Can you give me her number, please?"

Halima had to laugh and then formed a serious face immediately.

"No, can do mister."

"Why?"Haidar asked in distress.

"I can't betray my friend."Halima simply stated and stood up to leave.

"Haba mana. My dearest loveliest sister, can't you just do this little favor for me?"

You should've seen his face. Halima burst out laughing.

"Oh my dearest, loveliest, sweetest, bestest...."Halima started annoying him already.

"I gerrit, just say what you want to say, "Haidar mumbled.

"I'm not changing my answer, see yah."Halima waved and left for her room.

Haidar was left with only two options, he either calls up Raheenah and asks for Mufida's number or asks Ridwan for it, but it was better to go with the latter.

Ridwan isn't as easy as he seems. He will scold him, and lecture him before giving him the number. He isn't in for that.

"This health tv is boring me out, I gotta go."

Hisham nodded with an eye roll and went back to the screen. It didn't take long for his phone to start ringing. It was a call from Judith, a call from the hospital.

He stared at the name until the call ended. He's taking a day off, he doesn't want anyone to disturb him.

Taking his eyes off the phone, a call came through again. He hissed loudly and tapped the accept button.

"Tell me, what's wrong?"Hisham questioned.

Just one day without going to work they're calling him on and on.

"There's a serious emergency in the hospital sir,"Judith replied you can hear how worried she is from the phone.

"Can't you handle it, I'm I the only doctor available in the hospital?"Hisham asked sarcastically.

"Sir, it was a traumatic attack and it's one of our workers."

Hisham quickly rose to his feet.

"Who is it?"

Judith dropped the name. His phone slipped from his hands and fell to the floor. He picked up his car keys and dashed out of the house, and off to the hospital.

Heyyyyy !

Who do you think had a trauma attack ?

Vote
Comment
Follow
And
Share

Ria ❤️