21| The Outcome |

The office was awkwardly quiet. Looks were exchanged between each other but none said a thing. Muhammad clasped his sweaty palms together and shook his head, he managed to form a fake smile then turned to Hisham.

"It's all a lie, Hisham bro don't you trust me?"Muhammad questioned, feigning innocence. Hisham rose his brows at him quizzically. He knows Muhammad in and out even when he is lying to him and right he is doing just that.

"We are not here to talk about the truth or the lie in this matter, rather the solution to this problem."Hadiza chimed in, staring earnestly at Muhammad.

"When I'm not at fault how I'm I going to be of any help."Muhammad argued. Hadiza rolled her eyes and sighed; Muhammad isn't going to give in so quickly this is going to be hard as everything is going. They've been in the office for 30 minutes but Muhammad isn't agreeing to anything. He had said that the statement she was given was false.

And how is the statement false ?

Mufida's parent won't lie to her. What would they gain by doing so ?

The only person who is lying is Muhammad he doesn't even look like someone whom you can trust.

"Look, it's about someone's life here, it's a very serious matter so what we want from you is your cooperation that's it."Hisham reasoned trying to act calm, but deep down he wanted to punch Muhammad right in the face when he denied being the one responsible for her condition.

"Hisham b.."

"Don't."Hisham interjected banging his fist on the table. "We are not here for play Muhammad, you'll have to help in this exposure therapy."

"Neither I'm I here for play, I've important things to take care of but I came here. I won't take part in any exposure therapy or whatsoever you just said."Muhammad debunked shaking his head and jumped to his feet.

"Muhammad sit down."Hadiza ordered. "If you agree to this her father will let you go but if you don't I'm afraid you're going to be arrested under charges of rape."Hadiza added and Muhammad paused briefly for sometime before turning back and taking his sit.

This single move of his clearly shows that he is guilty; Hisham thought staring at him disgustingly. They might be friends before best buddies but not anymore.

How can a human being commit such a crime for his own selfish reasons. Didn't he thank about his siblings how they will feel if they were in her shoes.

As Doctor Hadiza kept on explaining everything to him, Hisham hissed and left the office. He couldn't stay in the same room with criminals.

"Mufida guess who is coming today?"Rahma questioned wiggling her brows at Mufida teasingly. She had come to visit Mufida and to her surprise her condition is getting better Alhamdulillah. Ramadan is almost over and preparations for Eid-al-fitr is already starting, happiness and joy all around.

"I don't want to guess anything, leave me alone."came Mufida's grumpy reply.

"Okay I'm leaving."Rahma stated playfully picking up her bag. Mufida didn't say anything nor did she stop her from leaving. Rahma felt a little bad, bade her goodbye and left.

Raheenah who was dressed in her long Ankara gown came out of the kitchen and saw Rahma leaving. "You're going already?"She questioned and send a smile her way.

"Yes, I'll be back during Eid In sha Allah."Rahma replied and Raheenah giggled softly.

"Okay, Allah ya kaimu."Raheenah prayed settling herself down on the couch beside Mufida.