53| Blissfulness & Repentance |

"Wallahil azeem I didn't do it deliberately Dad, I really thought he loved me truly but it turned out to be all false."Layla sobbed quietly, holding on to her veil tightly.

"Couldn't you have a halal relationship? I've been asking you if you're seeing anyone but you'll always say no, why did you lie to me Layla?"Her father questioned, furrowing his brows at her.

"Whenever I talk to him about marriage he'll say he isn't ready hence I didn't mention anything about him to you, I'm sorry it's my fault."Layla apologized for the thousandth time, her head down. She has regretted what she did, she can't help but feel miserable whenever the thought of her family abandoning her, as if she ain't family. It's hurting her seriously.

"Do you think what you did was right?"

Layla kept her head down, unable to utter a word or even make a movement.

"Even if you can't talk to me about it, what about your mother? I believe you're closer to her than me."He asked, and added with a serious face.

How she wished she doesn't have to witness such a day, where she won't have anything to say to defend or even protect herself. Muhammad really ruined her life, he showed her fake emotions, impregnated her not because he love her but just to abandon her. She ignored all the bad things people where saying about him, and listened to her heart. But what happened at the end ? He betrayed her and broke her trust.

She is heartbroken, and to top it all her family have deserted her, they feel like she isn't one of their own anymore, and it's really depressing.

It's not a good thing to be alone, when you have a family.

It's disheartening. No matter what your family does to you, even if they flog you, scold you at the end you'll get to know that they did it for your own well-being, to make a better future for you, and the next generations to come.

In life your family should be your first priority and not love. You family thought you how to love by loving you dearly, therefore, you shouldn't abandon them no matter how for who you love.

This is the lesson Layla learnt from loving the wrong person.

"That was not how I and your mother raised you Layla. I had high expectations from you, marry you off in a grandly manner, and not my reputation being at stake. I can't help but say this to you Layla, the thing you're carrying in your stomach if you don't know has ruined your life, do you think a sane man would like to marry you while being pregnant out of wedlock? What will the society say about it? Can you handle the taunts? The insults?"

Layla wept quietly into her veil, shaking her head repeatedly.

Her father is right.

What was she thinking when she gave out her Honor and dignity to Muhammad?

Ya Allah please forgive me and my sins. Silently prayed.

"I can handle it dad, I don't care about the society. All I want right now is your forgiveness and acceptance, staying away from you is really aching and depressing. I need my family's support and love in my current situation, please D—-"

"When you were dating him did you take us as your family?"Her mother cut in, with a sharp glare.

"Mom I....."Layla started but choked up with her own tears.

"There was this time Mayesha told me about it and not believing her was the worst decision I've ever made in my life."

"Mom I'm sorry, can't you feel my pain at least as your daughter?"Layla enquired furrowing her brows slightly at her mother who looked as if she was deep in thought.