39| Bitter Fate |

Halima took in deep breath before finally making way to Amina's bed. Fa'iza called her up yesterday and talked to her. She was saying; Halima can help Amina eat something because she thinks they're close enough to make that happen.

They aren't close enough but she will try her best, she felt really bad seeing Amina in that condition. She held the tray of the breakfast and kept in on the bedside drawer.

Halima tapped Amina on her shoulder lightly to wake her up. "Meema..."she called softly, Amina squeezed her eyes and looked at Halima. She abruptly stood up rubbing her eyes, don't blame her she was very scared to see Halima so close to her.

"Your breakfast."Halima smiled awkwardly, pointing at the tray containing the breakfast. Amina was hesitant before taking the tray from Halima, what if she was poisoning her ?

Amina gulped hard before shaking her head, and keeping the tray away. "I don't want to eat anything."with that she left for the bathroom.

"Hmph, I tried my best."Halima hissed lightly and left to only she knows where.

Amina kept on splashing water on her face as she wept. "Kaka..."she called silently amidst tears. "Why did you leave me like this?"

After she was done crying herself out in the bathroom, she finally decided to come out only to meet Fa'iza seated on her bed. She swiftly wiped off the tears and flashed Fa'iza a fake smile.

"Come here."Fa'iza said, tapping the empty space beside her. Amina nodded lightly before sitting down her eyes down. "Uncle has called for you but please before you go downstairs to meet him, have your breakfast."

Amina didn't have enough energy to argue with Fa'iza so, she picked up the tray and opened the food, she had no appetite but she ate all of it just because of her Aunt, she doesn't like seeing her upset.

"Now freshen up okay?"Amina gave a small nod. "And crying won't won't bring kaka back so please stop, she need your prayers the most right now."Amina nodded again before keeping the plate down. Fa'iza left leaving her to change.

Amina wore a simple brown Abaya and slipped a black Hijab on, she was still wondering why her uncle was calling for her. She really hope it's not about going back to Abuja this soon.

"Assalamu Alaikum. Peace be upon you."Amina salamed entering the living room where she met all of her male uncles there. It looked like a serious matter.

Sitting down on the carpeted floor, it didn't take time for Hisham to also come in and sat down on the floor beside his father. From the look on his face, you will know that he is angry and will burst any moment from now.

Malam Musa, the last born to Kaka cleared his throat to gain their attention. "We are here regarding a very important issue."He remarked, making Amina furrow her brows at him in confusion, if they're here regarding a very important issue then why involve her and Hisham ?

Oh, wait !

Nope, it can't be possible.

"Before our brother died it was his last wish to get you two married."Alhaji Ahmad chimed in and paused for a while to look at Amina whose face held a confused expression. "Hisham and Amina, I thought it's very important to let you know as soon as possible, Mama also wanted this to happen, the sad thing is that she won't be here to see it happen. The only thing we can do here is get you two married without wasting any more time."

Amina was now on her feet, shaking her head continuously, her eyes watery. "Kawu Musa you can't do this to me."She mumbled amidst tears. It's all because kaka is no more, but had she been here, then they won't dare force her into any arranged marriage that too with Hisham.