62| Bleak and Lifeless |

"I'm shocked babe, the scrambled egg is so delicious."Mufida complimented, shutting her eyes in delight.

"I knew you'd love it. By the way, when are you planning to go back to work?"

Mufida stopped eating for a while to think. "I don't know yet but not anytime soon," she replied and continued with her food.

"Not anytime soon? Why is that?" he questioned raising an eyebrow.

"As you know your bossy brother isn't around, I can stay home whenever I want."

Hisham was amused by her reply, he kept staring at her and how comfortable she is talking about him. He is now interested in knowing what Mufida thinks of him, is he bossy?

"How does he treat you at work? What I mean is, his behavior at home and the hospital might be a little bit different, yeah?" he asked, playing along.

Mufida nodded and took a sip of her oats, ready to say her mind. "When I first started, he was very rude to me and I couldn't give him a befitting reply because of you!"

Now Hisham was dumbstruck. "Because of me? How is that?"

"You didn't tell me you have a twin brother so I thought you were the one trying to mess with me, that was why I decided to stay shut if not I would've given him a befitting reply."

Hisham chuckled. "You're willing to lose your job just because you are angry with me?" he inquired, amazed and she gave a slight nod. "Wow! Did you hate me that much?"

"Yes but that was then-"

He cut in. "And now?"

She was about to reply him when a notification flashed up on her screen. She decided to take a look at it seeing it was from an unknown number, she got curious and she couldn't ignore it.

Mufida's heart raced in her chest as she looked at her phone. She willed her hand to stop shaking as she slowly read the text again.

Happy married life Mufida.
You're still naive as before,
Not a single thing has changed about you.
Your relationship, your happiness just so you know won't last long...
The truth that you aren't aware of!
There's more to that!

-M.

"Are you okay?" he asked, suspicion in his tone.

She shook her head, tears starting to well in her eyes. "Excuse me." and with that, she ran as fast as she could to her room and shut the door. She slowly pressed her hands to her cheeks to calm herself down.

Why is she getting anxious and nervous all of a sudden?

Your relationship, your happiness
Just so you know it won't last long...

"What does that mean?" she stammered, her voice vibrating with fear.

The truth that you aren't aware of!
There's more to that.
-M.

"M?" She asked no one in particular but herself. "Who could it be?"

She froze for a moment. "M?" she wondered. "Muhammad?....but" she stared at the message but everything appeared blurred.

"Mufida..."Hisham called knocking on the door, bringing her back to reality.

She wiped off the tears quickly. "Yes!"