14| Tranquility & Toil |

Silence.

That's what has been going on for days, it's a week to Ramadan and Mufida still hasn't said a thing apart from when she talked to Haidar. She had only asked him to stay with her to give her company and nothing else. He was the one who did the talking and she did the listening; or so he thought.

Maybe she wasn't even listening.

They've been discharged a week ago and the everyday routine for Mufida is the same. She won't talk to anyone nor would she say anything just like the doctor said it will take 4-6 weeks for her to recover.

It has been two weeks now, but no improvement. Everyone is worried. They all think that after she has recovered she won't be able to come back to her normal self again.

"Heenah, call Mufida down for breakfast."

Raheenah spend every weekend in her in-laws house to stay with Mufida. It's not Ridwan's idea it was hers by the way.

Ridwan would never want to let her go, especially during weekends when he's free all the time.

He is also here by the way.

You didn't think I was here all alone, did you ?

Raheenah knocked softly before entering the room. She found Mufida crawled on her bed thinking about only she knows what. Her eyes all red, dry tears stained on her cheeks, which clearly shows she has been crying.

"Mufida, breakfast is ready you should come down."Raheenah announced lunching herself on the bed beside Mufida.

Mufida shook her head slowly staring at the view through the window. Raheenah got a hold of Mufida's hand but she removed her hands slowly from Raheenah's grip.

Mufida, what's happening? Where is the Mufida I've known since childhood ? Where is my best friend ? Where is my best cousin ? Where is my favorite in-law ?

Raheenah didn't care to wiped off the tears that were descending on her cheeks. She can't bare to see Mufida living like this. She can't.

She went downstairs set up the breakfast in a tray and took it to her, with her medicine.

"Here have it please Mufida stop being adamant and eat your food. Now open up."Raheenah scolded and to her surprise, Mufida opened her mouth to have the food and in no time she was already done.

"Take this."Raheenah handed Mufida a glass of water with her medicines. "Your medicine."

Mufida normally takes all her medications without any complains, she was almost done with the medicine but what she did today took Raheenah by surprise.

Mufida threw the cup and medicines away. "I'm not depressed."She yelled on top of her lungs, already in tears. "Don't you get it, I'm not depressed."

"It's okay, please calm down."Raheenah tried calming her down but she yanked off her hands.

"Why are you all giving me this medicine ? Do you really think I'm depressed ? Is that what you think about me ? Then I don't want to live anymore, it's better if I die."Mufida yelled and reached out for the broken glass. By that time, her father and mother and ridwan had already reached the room.

"No, Mufida what are you trying to do."Raheenah struggled to snatched away the piece of broken glass. She managed to snatched it away but she got wounded in the process.

"Mufida what's wrong with you ? Why are you behaving like this?"Umma questioned calming her down. Mufida hugged her mother tightly and wept continuously.

"I just want to die, umma."

"Shush."Her father shushed her up. "Don't say such thing, my dear you're going to be fine, nothing will happen to you."

Umma felt Mufida's hold on her loosen. "Mufida?"she called but silence. She has fainted again.

Mufida

Mufida

Mufida

Mufida

They called but silence. They laid her on the bed and called doctor Hadiza immediately to complain to her, that Mufida is now suicidal.

"Your hand."Ridwan muttered observing Raheenah's palm where she was bleeding.

"It's okay, I'm fine."Ridwan shook his head and went to get the first aid kit from his room.

"I can't do anything right now without knowing what's exactly wrong with her and what is causing the trauma attack. And the matter is serious, therapy is the only way."Doctor Hadiza suggested and everyone in the room was silent.

It's about Mufida's past and no one likes talking about it, nor do they want anyone else to know about it.

"It never works, she send them away herself."Umma complained.

"Has she ever behaved in this way?"Hadiza enquired and umma shook her head.

"No, not at all. She have this attacks but not all the time and she comes back to her normal self after she has regain consciousness but this time around I'm scared, she is even thinking of killing herself."Umma said her voice cracking.

"Did something happened?"

"Yes."Alhaji Muhammad chimed in. "In her past."

"Do you know anyone who's related to this event, or even the one responsible for it?"Hadiza questioned furrowing her brows at him.

Alhaji Muhammad didn't like the matter on this topic but he still continued. "Yes, we do."

Umma looked at him her eyes bloodshot red, he shook his head at her, motioning her not to cry.

"What of the name?"

"Muhammad."He replied feeling the words heavy. The fact that the person who ruined his daughter's life has the same name with his. "Muhammad Bala."He ended and swallowed a lump of his own saliva.

Muhammad Bala ? Hadiza asked no one in particular.

The name sounds so much familiar.

Yes, the ogler at the hospital.

Hisham's best friend.

And he also happened to be at the hospital when she fainted.

She had also went to Hisham's cabin.

Could he be the one responsible for this ?

Heyyyy !

Who saw that coming ? Hehe 😂

Muhammad is Hisham's best friend...

So do you see any hope in Hisham's and Mufida's relationship?

#teamHisham
And
#teamHaidar

Whose team are you in ?

Let me know in the comment section 😊

Ria ❤️