16| Hitherto I |

Seven Years Earlier.

Mufida held her phone tightly to her wrist as she jumped up and down. She ran down the stairs quickly and dashed into the kitchen where her mother was preparing lunch for them.

"Umma, I got the admission, I got it got it, Alhamdulillah."Mufida squealed and her mother rose a brow at her a wide smile forming on her lips.

"I got admission into Nile University, umma. I'm so happy finally my dream of becoming a doctor will be fulfilled."

"I'm so happy for you Mufida, Alhamdulillah that's such a wonderful news. How I wish your father was here to rejoice with you. This will be a new beginning of your life, May Allah help you through, guide you and make you succeed."Umma prayed.

"Ameen, Umma. Dad will be back in 3 month, I'll call him up then and tell him the good news but first let me call up Heenah and ask her if she has gotten the admission. We're going to rock it out together."

Umma pulled her ear playfully saying, "Rock it koh, better focus on your studies."She scolded.

"Umma, I'll okay now let me go please."Mufida pleaded and umma released her eye. She ran upstairs back to her room and jumped on her fluffy bed.

She FaceTimed Raheenah immediately and she picked it up.

The duo both yelled and squealed excitedly at the same time.

"You got it?"Mufida asked her eyes glittering.

"Duh."Raheenah answered and they squealed again. "I've been offered mass communication, my dream course."

"And I've been offered Medicine my dream course."Mufida stated with a wide smile.

"This is going to be so fun apart from the lectures I'll be getting from mom and dad."Raheenah complained with an eye roll.

"Umma have started already."Mufida joined in and they bursted out laughing.

"I know, right. She sat me down fah, no boyfriends no male friends blah blah blah. Mom should know by now that I'm not interested in falling in love again, after your brother shattered me."

Mufida smiled. "I know I'll get mine later, from Umma, dad and Haidar too."

"You got a strict overprotective boyfriend, how are you even dealing with him?"

"Believe me it's not easy at all, what can I do the heart has fallen deeply for that dude."Mufida laughed at her own words and Raheenah joined in.

"You know sometimes you too are my couple crush."Raheenah confessed.

"Why did you say sometimes?"curiosity furrowed her eyebrows.

"You guys are always arguing about small things, that's why I said sometimes when you're not arguing."

Mufida rolled her eyes and huffed. "Warrever you say dai."

"Registration is starting on Monday, we should go together."Raheenah suggested and Mufida gave a slight quickly ended the conversation and called up her father then she sent the copy of the admission letter to Haidar on WhatsApp and captioned it with;

Your baby has gotten her admission ❤️ won't you congratulate her ?!

And then tapped the send button. She switched off her data and performed ablution, then prayed before going down to meet the rest of the family members.

They had so much fun when having breakfast not like when their father is around the house will be so quite no one will even dare to speak while eating.

"Ya Mufida is finally leaving for good."sa'eed cheered wiggling his brows at Mufida who was sitting adjacent to him.

"Well, You'll have to deal with this face for the rest of your life."Mufida retorted with an eye roll.

"Enough with the bantering you two, pick up your dishes and take them to the kitchen. When will you ever learn to stop talking while eating it's not good."

"When dad is around we will."Mufida replied with a chuckle, earning a smack from her mother. She pouted and said. "Umma, why?"

"You're so stubborn, that's why."Umma replied getting off her sit and proceeding down to the living room.

"But I'm not stubborn koh."sa'eed chimed in picking up his used plate. Mufida dumped her own on top of his and gave him a fake smile.

Even with her fake smile he kept her own plate down and left. Hissing, she picked it up and took it to the kitchen. When she reached the kitchen Sa'eed was coming out and it was the right time to smack him on his back and she did just that.

"Stupid boy."Mufida hissed keeping her plate down.

Sa'eed didn't say anything to her he just left to go and disturb him mother while Mufida went back to her room.

Three Weeks Later.

"So university hard like this."Mufida ranted wiping an imaginary sweat off her forehead.

"I just want to feel my head on my soft pillow right now."Raheenah chimed in with her own rants.

The duo started lectures last two weeks and they're already complaining. Their department are different so is there courses, they only meet during interval or when they're done with their lectures.

"I'm thirsty and this scorching sun isn't making it easy for me."Mufida added with a hiss.

"Let's go to the cafeteria and get something to eat, I'm hungry and thirsty."Raheenah suggested and they went to the cafeteria. Got their food ready, found a very not so quite corner and dived right in.

They were halfway done with their food when the most popular guy in campus approached their table taking them by surprise. He was with his group of male friends mostly Non-Muslims.

He dragged a chair and sat down. Raheenah and Mufida exchanged looks with each other both of them having the same thoughts on their mind;

The guy lack manners.

"Hello beautiful."The guy mumbled referring to Mufida.

Mufida had to close her nose because of the smell of alcohol that came out of his mouth. Raheenah couldn't hide it she closed her nose openly.

"Excuse us."Raheenah gnashed taking Mufida's hands and left the cafeteria but the dude had to follow them.

Okay, what's wrong with him ?

"Why are you ignoring such a handsome and dashing young man. In fact, you should be happy that the famous Muhammad is talking to you."Mr. popular flashed out his whole 32 at them.

"Well, Mr. famous handsome and dashing young man, as you can clearly see I'm not interested in talking to you nor do I want a guy like you talking to me, so please stay out of my way."Mufida faked a smile at him and started to walk away when he gripped her wrist tightly stopping her from taking another step.

Furiously, Mufida turned to face him and slapped him hard on his face by then many crowd have gathered around them, watching the interesting scene transpiring in front of them.

Indeed there'll be a lot of crowd. The famous Muhammad Bala has been slapped by a Jambite.

Heyyyy !

Here's an update as always !

Please show some love ❤️

Ria ❤️