47| Dumped & Doomed |

"Layla my love."Muhammad called, whispering soothingly in her ear. "You've to do anything to get that money by today, or else we won't be able to live together like we've always dreamt of."

"But Muhammad I don't know how all what you're saying can be possible, they aren't letting me into the house, and I know they won't let me in."Layla stated, shutting her eyes slowly.

"Don't you have your own spare key?"Muhammad questioned and she gave a brief nod. "Use it when they are not home."

Layla sighed for the umpteenth time, as she stood in front of their house. She came here very early today, when no one is at home, but she can't risk it by going in, sale will surely spot her and create a ruckus.

The door of the gate opening pulled her out of trance, she looked up quickly only to see Sale coming out of the house with his Nokia phone glued to his right ear. He didn't even notice her standing adjacent to him, and just like that he left.

Layla felt over the moon, finally. She just couldn't wait to get out of the country and leave with Muhammad forever, like they've always dreamt of.

She sneaked into the house and unlocked the door with her spare key. I'm I really doing the right thing? She couldn't help but ask herself this particular question, but then she will think about how they treated her and threw her out without a second thought.

She needn't act cautious or scared when no one was home, and she knows exactly when they would be coming back, so it was easy as falling off a log for her. She went directly to her father's room, and to her surprise it was not locked.

He must be in town. She thought as she stepped a foot inside the well conditioned room. How she missed everything about their house, it was a place where she would forever call HOME.

The safe that contains the money was in his closet, but his password, she isn't aware of that, but it should be easy, because her father is fond of forgetting things easily like passwords and so on. So, he would use a simple code for all his passcodes. The password to his phone, iPad, even his Apple ID is the same, their birthday date in ascending order.

From Mayesha to Auwal. Mayesha was born on the 2nd of July, so the first code must be 2, she tapped the number 2. She was born on 14th august, the second and third code must be 1 and 4 she tapped the numbers. And lastly Auwal, he was born on 3rd October, that must be the last code. She tapped it and closed her eyes hoping to get it opened.

The safe displayed 'Opened' with green and she shouted a yes and used her right hand to open the safe. She unwrapped the bag she came with and shove all the money inside the bag, she didn't care to count how much money was inside the safe but from the looks of it, it would be more than enough for them.

She closed the safe, as if untouched and left the house in a rush. She almost bumped into Sale but didn't, thank goodness for talking so loudly on the phone. She hid behind his small room, praying he won't find her.

Sale walked passed her, completely lost on the phone with whoever he was talking to, she took that as her cue to leave.

Layla hailed a rickshaw quickly and drove to the old mechanic's place where Muhammad is hiding. She paid him off, and entered the place.

"You're back already."Muhammad said, surprised. "That was fast."

Layla nodded and wiped off the sweat off her forehead. "Yes Muhammad, here."she gave him the bag with all her trust. "Now what's the plan?"

Muhammad collected the bag, and peeped inside, a victorious smile appearing on his lips. "I have a friend who will make a fake passport for me, and I'll also get a makeup look, with that we can pass all the securities in the airport successfully without being suspected, come and meet me here after a week."