15| The Meet Up |

Maryam woke up as early as possible. She had so much to do, it has been a week already but she didn't get any calls or message from the unknown person. She is anxiously waiting for his call she can't wait to leave this place and go back to Sudan.

Maryam glanced at Aamir who was sound asleep beside her on the bed. She gave him a peck on his forehead before proceeding to the bathroom to shower then leave for grocery shopping. She isn't going out with Aamir so she made sure she called up Sabrina to come and baby sit Aamir while she's away.

In the little time they've spent in this house, Maryam noticed the bond in which Sabrina and Aamir share and she was so happy that he won't feel that lonely without his grandparents and father being with him.

Maryam got dressed in a black Abaya matched it up with its veil and by that time Aamir woke up by himself, rubbing his eyes and tapping his mother's side and it was empty, came his faint voice;

"Ummi."Aamir called still rubbing his eyes. Maryam smiled at him, then sat down beside him. "Where are you going?"

"Ramadan is starting three days from now, I'm going out for grocery shopping."Maryam announced.

"We are going shopping, Yipppeeee."Aamir yelled excitedly jumping up and down.

"Calm down mister hyper, I'm not taking you along Aunt Sabri is coming today."

Aamir pouted and said. "Okay ummi, don't forget to buy me lots of chocolates and sweets."

Maryam shook her head slightly at her 4 year old son who have a sweet tooth and said. "Okay then, be a good boy don't trouble Aunt Sabri and you I'll get a lot of chocolates and sweets from ummi, okay?"She ended extending her hand for a handshake.

"Okay."Aamir shook her hand warmly with a wide smile.

"Let's brush your teeth and then have breakfast."

After Aamir had brushed his teeth, they went downstairs to have breakfast by then Sabrina has arrived already and was done with breakfast. She made sweet potatoes with egg sauce.

"Bring milk for Aamir."Maryam stated after they've exchanged pleasantries.

"Ummi, I don't want milk, I want this."Aamir argued pointing at his mother's cup of black coffee.

"This isn't good for you Aamir."

"Then why are you taking it, Ummi. You should stop and also have milk."Over smart Aamir stated and Maryam smiled.

"It's meant for adult only and not for kids."Maryam answered him and pinched his chubby cheeks.

"I'll have it when I grow up then, right?"

"Yes, in sha Allah."Maryam replied and in no time she was done with her breakfast but Aamir and Sabrina weren't done because they are eating and at the same time talking about cartoons.

"Sabrina, I'll get going prepare whatever you feel like for lunch I won't be back early."

"Okay."Sabrina answered and Maryam left, hailed a cab and went straight to the Market.

Taking a glance at the time on her phone screen, Maryam heaved a long sigh. It took her 5 hours to get done with the grocery shopping. She's currently standing by the roadside waiting for a cab.

She stopped one, bargained with him then headed straight home. They were stuck in traffic when her phone rang. It was an unknown number.

"Maryam."A deep masculine voice called from the other side of the phone. "Come and meet me at likeview cafe, right now."The voice came in again in a bossy and full of attitude manner. Maryam opened her mouth to speak but the man cut the call.

Like ?

And it's a private number she can't call him up. Heaving another sigh, she told the taxi driver about the location and he took her there.

Not like that, he created the mount hill out of a molehill from it.

After all, this is Nigeria we're talking about.

The taxi driver kept on nagging and complaining that she has completely wasted his time and so on and so forth.

Maryam had to be patient not to insult the man.

Like what's the big deal. It's his job right ?

And I'm paying him it's not for free.

She kept quite fidgeting with her fingers worried about the man who had called her up.

What if he is a kidnapper ?

What if he's a cheat ?

So many what if's roaming around her head, making her oblivious of the taxi driver's rants.

Reaching her destination, she remembered about her groceries she can't move around with those.

"Can you please wait for me?"Maryam questioned innocently. For once maybe she have forgotten about who she is pleading with.

"Madam Abi something dey worry your head or what ? You don waste my time now you want me to wait for you. Tule emi abeg."The taxi man hissed and zoomed off with his old rusty car.

Maryam picked up her stuff and entered the cafe. The man sitting on a chair in one of the corner of the cafe, looked up at her as if waiting for someone. With that one glance he recognized her.

She's Maryam.

He waved at her and an awkward smile appeared on her lips as she walked towards him.

Everything she is doing felt wrong but what else can she do.

"You're the man who called me up?"Maryam questioned taking a sit, keeping her stuff down.

"Yes."He answered curtly with a small smile. He motioned for the waiter to come. "What do you want to have?"He offered nicely.

"Nothing, I'm okay."Maryam denied. She still don't trust the guy. Despite the fact he looks decent and handsome too.

Astagfirullah, Maryam what are you doing ?

You're married.

Maryam quickly lowered her gaze, she wished he could do the same too because the stare is too much. "Who are you and how did you know about my father?"Maryam went straight to the point.

He dismissed the waiter and adjusted his sitting position.

"And please, lower you gaze I'm a married woman."Maryam added strictly which made him chuckle.

Is this guy for real ?

"I know that you're married, what can a helpless man like me do when an angel is before him."

Maryam furrowed her brows at him and hissed. She will deal with him later but right now she needs some information from him.

"Back to business."He joked but it wasn't funny. "I'm Muhammad Bala by name."

Heyyyyy !!!

ameenarhnaseer  this update is dedicated to you ❤️ I hope you've enjoyed the update !

Ria ❤️