Chapter Nine

Mitch's POV

There are two things I know. The first one is that hospitals aren't fun. The second thing is thatour little Chloe got injured but we stayed completely unharmed. It's... It's...

It's just not fair! Why does she have to get all the bad stuff! Sometimes I wish my life was as bad as hers. I want to be an ordinary person without a social life sometimes. Sometimes I want to be invisible... Just like Chloe used to be.

"Mitch? Mitch!" Scott said, shaking my left shoulder to try to get me to snap out of my thoughts.

"Oh, sorry what?" I said, looking up at him.

"The doctor said we could see her," he said as he got up from his waiting chair and walked over to the door where Chloe was being held. He gestured for the rest of us to come in with him.

We walked in to see our little Chloe, awake in a hospital bed. She looked so pale and weak. She also had an eyepatch.

"Hey guys," she said.

Chloe's POV

I decided to tell them straight out what the doctor had said to me, just to prevent any future drama for telling them later.

"Hey guys," I said. "You're probably wondering why I have an eyepatch."

They all nodded and Scott, Mitch and Kirstie went to sit down on some nearby chairs to hear what I had to say.

"Well, I'm blind in this eye," I said. They all looked shocked.

"When the accident happened, I did get bruises and things, but a shard of glass flew right into my pupil and shattered my retina from going so deep into it." I explained. "I didn't really feel it though, I passed out before I could feel any pain."

Kevin cringed. I bet he pictured a shattered retina due to a shard of glass.

"When do you take the eyepatch off?" Mitch asked.

"When I go home," I said.

"So that means today?" Kirstie said.

I nodded and sat up in my bed. I wasn't attached to anything, I was just lying down to ease the pain in my leg; It's broken.

Scott handed me the crutches leaning against the wall and the 6 of us walked out of the hospital.

"So this means no McDonalds?" Mitch joked. We all laughed.

I'm happy that we can still find optimistic moments in a terrifying time like this.

Especially because I'm basically a cyclops now. Don't worry, I don't look like one though.

I see like a cyclops.

🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺

MORE CHAPTERS COMING YOURE WAY!!!!

PTXkrystalblue