Chapter Twenty-Four

Mitch's POV

I never knew I could live a girl so much. Chloe is in a hospital bed, pale and almost lifeless. And what am I doing? Crying. Yep. Crying. I get soft sometimes, ok? Don't judge.

"Chloe?" Scott said as he walked over and knelt beside the bed.

I saw Chloe move a bit, but I thought it was my imagination so I kept quiet.

"Chloe?" Scott asked again. You could hear how sad he was. I could tell he was devastated.

"Scott?" A small, dry voice said. It was Chloe.

"Are you feeling ok?" Scott asked Chloe. He was now holding Chloe's hand. Chloe's eyes were still closed. It seemed like she was dreaming or something.

"Scott?" Chloe said again.

"Chloe, are you feeling ok?" Scott repeated his question. Why was Chloe not answering him?

Chloe finally opened her eyes. "Is the rest of the group here?" She asked.

Scott nodded. he got up and stepped back so Chloe could see all of us. When Chloe saw us, I noticed a small grin starting to appear on her face.

"I love you guys," Chloe said. Right when she finished talking, a long beep rang in everybody's ears.

I don't know why, but I felt a sudden urge to go over to Chloe. I knelt by her side and kissed her cheek.

Beeeeeeeeeeep...... Beep beep beep...

Once I let go, we started hearing slow beeps. Did she just... come back to life?

Chloe's POV

I was weak. I knew they would come for me, but I didn't want them to. I wanted to go. That was the point.

Suddenly, I felt my life slowly drifting away. Welp, this is it. Time to say goodbye.

I saw a bright ligt for a few seconds and then felt a weight on me. I was being pulled. Pulled down to earth? That's impossible. All of a sudden, I was breathing again. I hear my heart monitor beeping again. How could this happen?

I felt someone's lips slowly remove themselves from my cheek. Someone kissed me. Wait, this isn't some kind of Sleeping Beauty crap. What the heck happened.

"Chloe?" I hear a voice say. It must have been Mitch's. So I decided to respond.

"Mitch?" I said in my weak, raspy voice. Mitch didn't respond. But I didn't hear him move away from me. That was when it happened.

Mitch kissed me again. This time, on the lips.

I didn't let go. I didn't want to. I found the strength to hold his face in my hands. After we kissed, I tried to open my eyes. When I found the strength to, I saw Mitch's face with a large grin on it.

"What was that for?" I asked.

Mitch just shrugged. he got up and walked away from my bed, still with that smile on his face.

That when I realized it. They loved me. If they didn't, why would they be here? I felt an odd urge to sing. Even thought his isn't like some sort of musical, I wanted to sing something. I wanted to feel better. I wanted to be happy. For them.

"Do you really love me?" I sang. "Do you really care? Do you really want me? Do you really--" I was cut off by Scott.

"At least pretend to love me girl I don't care if he love is real." Scott finished. The rest of the band was giggling.

"This isn't a musical," Kevin said. That man can have sass when he wants to!

"I don't care," Scott said with his hands on his hips.

Suddenly, I heard the doctor come in.

"It looks like your daughter is well. She can leave today." He said.

We were all cheering. Well, I was kind of just smiling, but they were just having a mini celebration over there.

"You know I really love you, right?" Mitch whispered into my ear when I got up.

I nodded. "Yeah, I know."

I fell over when I tried to stand up. My legs were weak from lying down for so long.

"It's a good thing we brought your crutches in the car," Kirstie said.

We all laughed. The doctor brought me a wheel chair and we went home.

Together.

🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺

HAPPY EASTER!!!!!!!

YAYAYYAYAYAAYAYAYAYAYAYAY!

Sorry... just wanted to scream that...

PTXkrystalblue