18

• Hwayoung's P.O.V •
3 days later

3 days has passed, and I was still receiving Jimin's silent treatment

It hurts me, especially when I have no idea what caused him to suddenly act like this. After I hung out with him and his colleagues, he shifted his behavior towards me.

But slowly, I got used to it. But still, I can't accept it.

I walked back and forth, around his office. It wasn't long enough when I heard someone open the door, causing me to turn around, surprised to see on who it was.

It was Mina, she was carrying a ream of paper on her hands.

I joined my eyebrows together, "Can I help you with something?"

Mina emotionlessly shook her head at me, "I'm here to look after the company and his office temporarily, just for this day. So, you'll be my assitant for now." She responded.

Wait, what?

I was confused, "What? What do you mean? Where is Jimi- I mean, Mr. Park...?"

"He's skipping work."

I felt my heart drop after hearing her words.

My eyes grew wide, while Mina remained standing in front of me, hugging the papers in her arms and holding some keys, unable to figure out my expression.

I shook my head at her, hoping she's lying, "What? No, there's no way he's skipping work." I slightly raised my voice at the end of my sentence.

Mina raised her eyebrow at me, "He wanted to rest, and some time away from here. It's his choice, what are you gonna do about it?" She shrugged her shoulders and walked towards his desk.

I stiffly stood there. While Mina was preparing the monitor, she stopped her actions when I caught her attention, "Uh, aren't you gonna do your work?"

Shaking my head, I looked away from her, "Can... Can I look after the company instead? I'm the assitant so-"

"Unfortunately, you can't, especially without his permission. I have always been in charge of handling the company at times he's away. Despite I'm not his assistant, he and his wif- I mean, it's always my responsibility even if I don't take the initiative." Mina quickly responds.

My gaze dropped on the floor, realizing the professionalism between us. I remembered the times when we used to goof around in his office, taking care of it.

"I... I am so sorry about what happened Min-"

"I don't wanna talk about it." She interrupted, typing through the keyboard and suddenly stopped, "Go to your office, please."

I slowly nodded my head and stepped forward, approaching the door and exited the office.

Closing the door, I rested my back against it and let out a sigh, "I miss you, Jimin..."