34

• Hwayoung's P.O.V •
few hours later

It's been few hours after the notーso good talk with Mina, I couldn't even keep my head up steadily with her words about to permanently locked in my thoughts.

"So her being married to Mr. Park is a problem to you? Which caused you to blame her in every situation you persist?"

"And most of all."

"Is it his fault that he loves Ms. Y/N and not you?"

A scoff lately escaped my mouth, literally hearing her actual voice saying the same thing over and over again. "Shouldn't she be minding her own business? Screw it." I cursed under my breath.

Biting my innerーcheek, I decided to focus back on doing my paperworks and put my problems behind.

I typed on the keyboard. As much as I want to avoid myself on being distracted, my mind kept darting to the scene I witnessed earlier outside of his office right with my own naked eyes.

My whole body froze, having rewinding flashbacks.

Kim Y/N.

My mind began reading her name repeatedly, causing my fingers to clutch onto the mouse as I nibbled on my innerーcheek.

There's just... no way I can believe this.

"I never knew a single thing about her, with Jimin or not, I've never heard of her. This is all so sudden." I gritted my teeth, whispering to myself.

"But they knew." I added, "Mina, and the others knew. They lied to me, they backstabbed me."

There was somehow a feeling that I can't accept all of this.

I have fallen for Jimin and that's final.

Tears began forming in my eyes, "I... I can't believe another woman has claimed his surname. I fucking can't believe it, this is all too much." A sob escaped my mouth, my hand tightly clutching on the mouse as the image of that woman flashed in my head.

Before a tear can fall down, I immediately wiped it away then breathed in, "No, Jimin probably just married her because... She's pretty, gorgeous, and has an amazing body." I reassured, fanning myself with my hands.

A realization hit me which caused my whole body to froze.

I began processing it, "BーBut... They've been together for... years. WーWhat if... I really don't have a chance anymore?" I mumbled, hesitatingly fidgeting with my fingers.

As I was completely lost in my thoughts, my mind went back to my senses as soon as the telephone began ringing. Flinching, I immediately fixed my posture after snapping out of my thoughts.

Picking up the phone, I heard an unfamiliar voice say 'hello?' as soon as I accepted the call. "Hello? May I help you?"

???: Are you related to Ms. Choi Heein?

I felt my heart skipping a huge beat before starting to pump in my chest rapidly, "YーYes, I'm her daughter. MーMay I know why you ask?" I nervously stuttered.