23

Still Hwayoung's P.O.V •
next day

My body started to stir awake, the rays of sunlight illuminating my features as I opened my eyes to see the emptiness beside me.

I let out a soft groan at the sight of the vacant space, muttering to myself, "Where is Jimin?"

I glanced over at the nightstand beside me, where I noticed the basin of water and the damp towel that was still soaking within it.

I started pondering the same thing, muttering to myself, "How could he possibly have woken up so early?"

My heartbeat started to accelerate as well as I quickly swung the door of the bedroom open, not looking to make the bed in this early hour as I stepped out.

Meeting an unfamiliar maid who's vacuuming the floor, she looked up at me and bowed without saying anything.

I bit my lips, holding onto the door frame, "U-Um... Hi, have you seen Jimin around?" I asked.

But instead of answering my question, she just bowed at me and walked away.

I stood there, dumbfounded, "What the hell..." I mumbled and roamed my gaze around the huge corridors.

I walked around without getting myself lost in this massive mansion. Thankfully, I found the stairs and went down.

I looked around the living room for a while before I made my way towards the kitchen, I stopped on my tracks as soon as I saw the sight I didn't expect

W-What is he...

There he was, right in front of my eyes, currently occupied with cooking while adorned in an apron around him. For a moment, I was left dumbfounded, as I merely stood in that same spot until my presence caught his eye.

He gives me a warm smie, "Hello, good morning." He glances at me as he proceeds on cutting vegetables.

I remained standing there, "W-What are you doing? You're still sick, you're supposed to remain in bed-"

"Easy there, easy." Jimin chuckled.

"I'm no longer feeling ill. I gave my cooks a break due to the fact that I could see how exhausted they were, especially since they tend to cook so much of the time, yet when they realize no one is present, their efforts appear to go wasted." He continued, giving a light chortle as he continued to focus upon slicing the vegetables with precision.

"Are... Are you sure you're feeling better now?" I asked, Jimin just nodding with a hum in return.

Letting out a gentle sigh, I decided to walk towards him as I raised my palm and gently placed upon his forehead. He looked back at me immediately, his eyebrows slightly raised as he watched my expression.

"See? I'm all better now." Jimin chuckled, flashing me a small smile as his voice seemed to sound a bit more brighter and lively.

I removed my palm from his forehead, "I'm just worried, your fever was so bad last night."