22

• Still Hwayoung's P.O.V •

As I felt a sudden sense of fear arise within myself upon hearing the announcement, I quickly snapped out of my frozen state, and turned my head around. "Wait!" At the same time, I raised my voice as loud as I can, with the sudden shout causing a few of the surrounding employees to turn their heads towards me.

Fortunately, I was able to successfully catch the attention of the guy who was originally giving the announcement, which made me feel a sense of relief.

As soon as he froze on his spot and turned around to where he heard my voice from, I quickly approached him. Seeing him turn around, I promptly bowed at him as a sign of respect, which then caused him to bow back at me.

I cleared my throat, "U-Um... About Ji- Mr. Park, he... he is sick, right?" I stuttered, confronting an unfamiliar employee.

The guy nodding his head, acknowledging Jimin's decision to contact him to give the message to Mina instead of contacting her directly.

At this point, my mouth made an 'o'-shaped mouth, showing my surprise yet silence, making me slightly speechless.

The guy then proceeded to ask, "You're Choi Hwayoung, right?"

Seeing that his message was received by me, this employee gave me a polite bow, which I returned.

He was now preparing to leave, so I simply said, "Bye," though it was mumbled. He nodded his head as he did this time before disappearing from my sight, and I was left alone in this situation.

I could now feel the worry and anxiety building up inside me, as I was left alone with my thoughts. I quickly snapped my thoughts off, and started pacing back and forth, feeling uneasy as the concern for Jimin was growing in me. I started muttering to myself, "Jimin is sick. Oh, Lord..."

In an instant, a light bulb appeared above my head as I suddenly figured out an alternative solution to my worries.

I thought of skipping my work, and taking care of Jimin instead.

The thought of being able to take care of someone I was so concerned about eased my anxiety a bit, and I began to consider this idea seriously.

•••

After running for miles from the company to Jimin's mansion, I was now panting heavily, using the white wall as a way to support my body and try to catch my breath.

Don't attack me, I couldn't afford a taxi.

Proceeding on catching my breath, I slowly approached the huge gate with my wobbly and tired legs.

I was suddenly blocked by a tall bald guard who wore a pair of black sunglasses that made it unclear as to where he was looking. When he spoke, his voice was deep and intimidating, making it a bit uncomfortable to speak. "ID, please, ma'am."

As the guard asked to see my ID card, I realized that I had left it at my office. This resulted in my heart dropping and my eyes widening in nervousness. I quickly checked my pockets of my uniform, but there was no ID in sight.

"Fuck." I cursed under my breath, looking up the guard who's keeping an emotionless face at me.

I cleared my throat, looking away, "I... I am sorry, I forgot my I.D in the building and-"

I was interrupted by the guard who had the deep voice, "You won't be able to enter if no information is provided, ma'am." He says.